Chapter 1: The Transferee

"Mizuki, are you sure you'll be all right tomorrow? This is my last day here with you." Kiyoomi asked worriedly.

"I'll be fine, Kiyoomi, really."

Kiyoomi sighed, "Judging from that tone...are you even going to try and make friends?"

"Why would I? It's pointless. I have friends back at Itachiyama. I don't need more people finding out my condition."

"If that's what you really want. I'll just say this, try not to get to attached to anyone you may meet." Kiyoomi said sternly.

"Wasn't planning on it. I'm heading to school now." Mizuki turned to grab her bag, only to notice that Sakusa already had it. "Kiyoomi," Mizuki started as she tried to reach for her bag, "What are you doing. I'm going to be late."

"No you won't." Sakusa retorted, "I'm walking you to school, and then I'm heading back to Tokyo."

Mizuki fell silent. She knew there was no way to get her bag back without Sakusa tagging along. Her eye twitched, and she muttered out a quiet, "Fine. Let's go."

As the two aimed for the train station, Kiyoomi thought about how Mizuki would do out here on her own. What if she forgets to check in while she was here? What if Mizuki forgot to check in? What if- "Sakusa Kiyoomi! Get your head out of the clouds. I'll be fine."

Sakusa coughed into his hand, "Right. Sorry." As an outwardly appearance, Sakusa was an extreme talented player who mostly kept to himself. But in reality, he was someone who cared very deeply for his sister, and only wished for her to be happy. If that meant her opening up and having new friends, he could deal with that. But if it meant a boyfriend, he would come straight back to Miyagi to talk some sense into the bastard.

Finally, the pair reached the train station, boarding the train that would drop them off close to Seijoh. Kiyoomi immediately found a seat for Mizuki, but he himself refused to touch anything. There were too many germs and too many unknown variables. Handing Mizuki her bag, Sakusa crossed his arms over his chest to avoid touching absolutely anything on the train.

The train eventually jolted to a stop, and the Sakusa siblings sent off in their next destination, Aoba Johsai High School. Seeing other teenagers in the same uniform as Mizuki, one could assume they were all going to Seijoh. Comments about the siblings reached their ears, and they shuddered. Mizuki disliked attention just as much as Sakusa. Noticing Sakusa speeding up, Mizuki followed suit. "I hate this." Grumbled Mizuki. Even if she was incredibly smart, Mizuki could be quite childish. Although she did choose to remain aloof and out of touch with everything. Her studies always came first, no exceptions. In fact, she preferred it that way.

Mizuki and Sakusa stopped right before the school's entrance, admiring the architecture. This was it. It wouldn't be till next month would the siblings see each other again. However, they promised to keep in touch. Sakusa did a 180, and stood facing the opposite direction. "See you next month, Mizuki."

"See you, Kiyoomi." Stepping apart, they knew their lives would be different from here on out. Mizuki turned back, yelling to Sakusa, "Say goodbye to
Tsukasa and Komori for me, okay?!" Mizuki could feel the stares from the other students in front of the school, but she didn't care. Without turning around, Sakusa waved his hand, and Mizuki smiled, knowing her brother heard her. Turning back around, she knew. It was time to start again, and hope for a better future.

----
Mizuki glanced around the halls, completely and utterly lost. 'Seriously? How hard is it to find one class?!'

Suddenly, "Excuse me! Are you lost?"

Mizuki turned around, only to see the Libero that played during Seijoh's game with Karasuno. At the same time, they both said, "It's you!"

The Libero scratched the back of his head, "I never expected to see the girl we passed to be at Seijoh."