Chapter 3: The Duo and the Chaotic Twins

'This is Shoyo Hinata from the Karasuno High School Volleyball Club. You said to text you for advice?'

Mizuki peered at her phone, trying to remember who this was. "Oh, it's the short middle blocker from Karasuno!" Texting back, she replied, 'Yes. This is Sakusa Mizuki. Is there something you need?'

Hinata texted back almost immediately. 'Kageyama and I were wondering if you could possibly talk to you today. We want to get stronger.' Mizuki tapped her chin. 'I suppose I could. I'm actually in Miyagi for now. Would I meet you two at your school?'

'Yes, if that wouldn't be too much trouble.' He replied.

'That's perfectly fine. I'll see you at Karasuno.' With a plan for the later evening, Mizuki set out for Karasuno, almost eager for what the duo had in mind. Throwing her bag over her shoulder, she was about to head out.

"Mizuki-chan! Wait!"

Turning around, she spotted the brunette setter, and immediately started walking. She did not want to associate any further with Oikawa then she had to. She preferred to keep in the shadows, but that was impossible with almost everyone who was remotely interested in volleyball knew who Kiyoomi was. After all, he was the number two ace for a reason.

Setting a faster pace, she continued walking, and continued to ignore the approaching Oikawa. "Mizuki-chan, come on! Wait up!" Oikawa whined. Irked, Mizuki swiftly turned around, a glare prominent on her face. "Eeek! Sorry Mizuki."

Glaring even more, Mizuki muttered, "I would suggest you refrain from calling me by my given name. We are not close, nor are we friends."

Startled by her tone, Oikawa took a step back. But that uncertainty vanished as soon as it appeared. Smirking Oikawa leaned down, "And why is that? Could it be you don't want to become close with anyone? Am I right, Mizuki?"

Mizuki froze. He hit the nail right on the head. Oikawa was truly incredible. His ability to read people on and off the court was 100 percent accurate. Narrowing her eyes, Mizuki turned on her heels. "Whatever the case, I do not wish to make any connections while I'm in Miyagi. I will choose who I associate with. And it so happens you are not one of them. However, you aren't one to talk." Mizuki turned her head, "You can't talk to me like that if you always wear that fake persona of yours. If that is all, I will take my leave. Goodbye." As Oikawa watched her figure retreat, he thought back to what Mizuki had said. Oikawa smirked, he may have just met his match.

----

Mizuki came to a stop in front of Karasuno High. In terms of architecture, it really wasn't something to gawk about. It seemed pretty bland. However, Mizuki knew not to judge a book by its cover. The school may be known for being fallen champions, but the talent waiting to manifest was not something to look down upon. She had witnessed it first-hand. Kageyama's incredible talent as a setter, and Hinata's fast reflexes and agility; if tamed properly, their duo could become even more incredible than it was before.

Walking to the gym, she paused, thinking of her time with Itachiyama's volleyball team. She missed them, she realized. Pushing the thought out of her head, she knocked on the doors, and pushed them open. "Sorry for the intrusion. I was asked by Hinata and Kageyama to come by Karasuno."

Coach Ukai approached the young girl. "You're Sakusa Mizuki, aren't you?"

"That would be me. I exchanged numbers with the two first years at the Interhigh Preliminaries. They asked me to come by. Now, if you wouldn't mind, I would like to see that famous quick attack of theirs."

Ukai's eyes widened. "Of course." Ukai tuned his head to the first year duo. "Hey, you two, get to it. I wanna see a quick attack."

"Yes, coach." They chorused.