CHAPTER VII: THE DANCE

As my father always told me, always recognize the lady or the gentleman director or master of ceremonies, with becoming politeness, even if you don't tolerate them.

To me it was Governor Andino, he was so full of himself and since he is the organizer of this party or the 'master' of the ceremony as he puts it he is privileged to ask any lady whether they wish to dance, make himself known and procure partners for all who desire to dance.

So now Andy and I were walking to him while he was talking to the gentlemen from this morning. I felt Andy stiffen next to me so I stopped walking and looked at her, she had this unreadable look in her face.

"Are you okay, Andy?" Her head swung to me,

"Did you just call me Andy?"

"I- well I didn't know, I wasn't thinking an-"

"Hey, it's fine. I like it" she said putting her pointy finger on my lips to shut me up.

"Oh"

We were in the view of Philip and he waved at us, he still has that creepy smile on his face.

"Sophie, glad you could make it and your partner His smile faded away.

"Andromeda Polemistis. How's your mother?" he said through gritted teeth, I guess they have history together and as I'm seeing it's not very pleasing.

"She is doing great, can't say the same for you" she looked at him up and down in disgust. I had a huge smile on my face I probably looked like an idiot. What a woman.

"Still feisty" he laughed it off

There was an awkward silence and they held a staring contest or something, I had to break it up before it rips through all of us.

"Excuse us Philip, we have a party to enjoy"

Walking away from him made me release a breath I didn't know I was holding.

"Well that was awkward" she chuckled and took a piece of biscuits from the food table and guided it to my mouth. I gladly receive it but before she could take her finger out I made sure she felt my tongue brush against, I played it innocent, like I didn't just lick the tip of her finger. I saw her eyes darken a little and she just smirked and put the same finger in her mouth. I had to bite my lip before I let an unnecessary sound, the sexual tension was surrounding both of us.

"Ehm, so what was that with Philip?"

We both looked at the dance floor where the ladies and gentlemen were on their best behaviour in the ballroom. Manners were more formal, clothing was finer, and bows were deeper.

"Well, Philip had a thing for my mother. He wanted her to carry his 'heir' but my mother was already in love with another woman",

"Your other mom" she nodded putting a grape in her mouth.

"Yes, my mom Artemis comes from a family of warriors in the army of Sappho, she met my mother Melody, who Philip had a 'thing' for." She looked at me to see if I was listening and continued,

"They first met when my mom Artemis was hurt in the field and needed to be taken care of, mother Melody took her in and treated her wounds and helped her get back in shape. In the process of that they fell in love" she sigh,

"That's beautiful"

She hummed and pulled me to the middle of the room, her arm went to my waist and pulled me close while mine was on her shoulder, The other one held mine as we swayed around slowly.

"Then Philip saw mother one day selling some fresh and warm homemade bread and he tried to talk to her but she ignored him. He then followed her home, before she could close the door he barged in, he stalked after her trying to, you know" I nodded slowly, horrified at what she's saying.

"But luckily my mom Artemis walked in on time to see her lover struggling under a man, she took out her sword and ordered him to get off her, he did with a nasty smirk. She put the tip of the sword against his throat ready to cut his head off but my mother stopped her. My mom couldn't let him go just like that, she swung her sword and put a cut across his chest"

I put my head against her shoulder and just let her lead me, then the song ended and we walked back next to the food table. I sighed and looked down.

"I'm sorry that happened to your mom", she took my chin between her fingers and made me look at her and I realized how close we were. I could feel her breath against my lips, I leaned in trying to catch them but she wouldn't let me.

"Don't ever apologise for something you didn't do, you hear me?" Lord what is happening to me,

"Yes"

She got closer to my ear and whispered,

"Good", I couldn't hold the whimper stuck in my throat anymore and her grip on my chin tightened. Pulling away she smiled at me and pecked my lips, leaving me all hot and bothered.

"Well well well, what do we have here?" I turned to see Richard playing with his red beard smirking at me.

"Oh Richy! Hello. This is Andy, my partner. Andy this is Richard, a close friend of mine" He took her hand and kissed it,

Nice to finally meet you I rolled my eyes at it and crossed my arms.

You can let go of her hand now Richy I wasnt amused, but apparently they were cause they started laughing at me and I just pouted like a little child.

Then a voice boomed through the room, we looked around to see the governor trying to get the attention of the people,

"Ladies and gentlemen I welcomed you inside my house for this party to celebrate a successful business with now our new English partner, Miss Sophie Williams" he pointed at me, I held my cup high for a toast, he nodded and clapped his hands and so did everyone.

"Its getting boring here, do you want to go back to the library?"

"I thought you'd never ask", she said.

Closing the car door, Andy leaned to talk to the driver,

"You can go, she's staying here for the night", I am?

"Yes you are" walking inside I took a deep breath at the familiar smell passing the shelves and tracing the old books with my fingers.

Andy walked downstairs fully dressed in her robe, when did she change?

"You were too busy looking around, follow me" I followed her to what looked like a room, there was a bed in the middle of the room, and candles on the night stand, there was another gown she held it for me and I took it while looking around for a place to change.

"I'll close my eyes" She said putting her hands over her eyes, I started to undress myself until I was butt naked, I put the dress aside and wore the robe, it smelled like her, Roses.

I realized she still had her hands over her eyes, I don't know what has gotten over me but the next thing I know, I was standing in front of her, I took her hands off pulling my robe up just enough for me to swing my legs over hers and sat on her lap, my knees touching the bed sheets.

She gawked at my bare shoulders as her fingers traced on them slowly making their way behind my neck but I stopped her from moving any further and put them on my chest I tightened my grip on her hand and it made her squeeze my bud. Not being to control myself I let out a soft moan and grinded on her lap a little, she let out a soft sigh. As she was about kiss me, I put my finger on her lips.

"It's late, goodnight" I said getting off her lap and laying on the bed closing my eyes. I heard her laugh and go to her side.

I felt a strong arm go around my waist and pull me closer, followed by soft kisses on my shoulders.

"Goodnight love"