CHAPTER VIII: FRIENDS AND ENEMIES

THE NEXT DAY (9PM)

"You do realize that we're leaving in two days, Sophie?" I heard Richy say as we walked on the shore. The sky was covered in stars and the moon was glorious. The driver was right this place was heaven. I could feel the soft wind blowing on my face with the smell of the beach.

I took a deep breath and sighed,

"Yes. I am aware of that. I really don't want to go Richard. I feel like I belong here. A power is present in this island and it's pulling me in."

As we walked feather I heard muffled cries they were far so I didn't pay any attention to them, I thought it was just my imagination.

"I don't kno-"

I was cut off by a piercing and body chilling scream. I looked at Richy and we ran to what looked like a small cave it was dark but the moon was bright enough for us to see.

We walked in to a horrifying scene, a man was lying on top of a girl holding her hands above her head and his junk was deep inside her his face was in her neck. Her clothes were ripped and words were barely leaving her lips.

I quickly took out my pistol, so did Richy. We looked at each other and smiled.

"Hey skunk get off her!" Yelled Richard. He slowly got up with a dirty smirk on his face. His features were very familiar.

I motioned for him to step aside. As he did so Richard punched him in the face. The guy fell to the ground holding his nose, and whining in pain. That serves him right.

I put my pistol on my trousers' waist band and kneeled next to the girl who could hardly open her eyes. Her face was red, covered in blood and tears. I helped her sit and quickly wrapped my jacket around her shoulders, she looked at me and her tears cascaded down her rosy cheeks. I didn't know what else to do so I hugged her.

"Hey, it's alright. You're safe" I shushed her as her cries became louder.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I sent Richard to the governor's house. I had to make sure the girl was safe. There was no other place for me to seek help from. That is why I was knocking hard on the library's door. The girl had her arm around my shoulders and my arm was holding her up by the waist. I pounded again.

"Goddess, I'm coming. Can't you wait a freaking minu-" Aphrodite opened the door her face went from angry to perplexed.

"Iris?" she whispered with teary eyes and her palm over her mouth. I entered the library and yelled for Andy to come down.

"What's going on here, is that Iris?!!" she ran to us and grabbed the so called Iris and picked her up bridal style and took her upstairs. Aphrodite was still shocked, the door was open. Everything happened so quickly. I closed the door and stood in front of her, grabbing both of her shoulders.

"Aphrodite, we need your help. Please. She needs your help" she looked up at me with puffy eyes and nodded.

We walked upstairs to Aphrodite's room to see the girl lying unconscious on the bed. She was out of my jacket. Now that I had better lighting. I could see the girl's features better. She had a small straight nose and long eyelashes and small but full lips, olive skin just like Andy's. Her dark hair reached her shoulders.

The sheets reached her waist and her chest was exposed. Andy was cleaning her cuts with a wet towel. Aphrodite slowly walked next to her, grabbing the towel from her sister and continued the work. She then grabbed Iris's hand and kissed it.

"What happened?"

"Richy and I were walking on the beach as we reached the rock side. We heard a scream coming from a cave near there. So we ran to see what's going on." I sigh

"And?" she asked as we left the room closing the door behind us.

"She was raped, Andy" I looked at her with apologetic eyes. I told her after that I had to go to the governor's house. She insisted on going with me.

Arriving at the door I knocked at the door but nobody answered, I was about to knock again when a foot kicked the door wide open. My hand was still in the air as I turned to look at an Andy.

"What? They didn't answer the first time" I followed her like a lost puppy. I probably had hearts in my eyes by now. I straightened myself and put my hands in my pockets.

"Hello Philip",

"Ahh. Andromeda. Welcome", the guy from earlier was changed and was sitting on a chair drinking wine with a smirk on his face. I looked at Richard with a questioning face. He walked over to me.

"Sophie, I present you Caesar Andino son of Philip Andino", I felt my blood boil in anger that doesn't mean he can go rape women.

"I don't give a fuck who he is! It doesn't give him the right to go around sticking his snail in a defenceless girl!" I shouted. Philip just smiled and strolled my way. If looks could kill he would be dead by now.

"And I don't take disrespect inside my own house" he said really close to my face. His breath smelled like a rotten pig.

"First of all don't try to get close to people's faces with a breath like that again" I said poking his chest.

"And second of all, this was NEVER your house in the first place" His amused face fell I could tell he was fuming by the vein that showed on his forehead. He didn't say anything after he just glared at Andy and turned his back to us.

I grabbed her hand and told Richard we're leaving, her house was on our way, so we walked her.

"I'll come visit Iris tomorrow" she nodded and kissed my cheek.

"Goodnight love",

"Goodnight"

I would never get used to her kisses, so soft and heart-warming. I couldn't help but smile. We made our way down the hill to the hotel the weather was a little chilly but nothing we couldn't take. Philip needed to be stopped and I'll make sure of it.

"Richard I need a favour" as we stopped in front of the room I'm staying in.

"I'm all ears",

"You remember our trip a year ago to Portugal? Remember the young ladies my father and I brought to London. We promised them a better life and they promised they'd help us whenever we needed."

"Sophie?" he said with an unsure tone.

"Just listen, we know that they can fight right. Even if they were only a dozen they could take down a group of grown military men. I need them here."

"And how are we going to do that?"

"Send a telegraph to father and tell him everything. You'll be leaving in two days. The message would be there and you'll arrive to London in a week. Make sure the girls are ready. They'll tell you everything you need to know about weapons." I tapped his shoulder as he listened.

"Why do you care so much?" he looked for an answer in my eyes. He sighed and nodded.

"I'll bring them back here in 3 weeks" I hugged him and wished him a goodnight. I couldn't stop thinking about my plan, I should tell Andy tomorrow but right now I need to rest.