movie?

She coughed out the smoke that invaded her lungs and smiled, a soft, genuine smile. "You're- really good, huh?" She spoke between heaving breaths.

(Y/n) could feel him trembling in her grip, the same way he had shook after he had fought that brown-haired girl, the way he quivered as his muscles ached when he reached his limit. She was at her limit too; rather than whispers, her body was alight with screams that crowded her head and stabbed into her temples as the world became too bright, too loud.

She held his fist at bay with one hand that had stretched into something unhuman, with sharp claws that now dug unintentionally into his arm. Bakugou grit his teeth, mouth drawn into a snarl. The other eyes vanished slowly, vanishing beneath her skin like something sinking in quicksand. "I had hoped to beat you without- this-" she gestured with her free hand, "but I guess I need to learn more." Her voice was strained.

She gave a quiet laugh. "Okay," she said. "I forfeit."

Bakugou's eyes widened. "You-"

"The two of you report to Recovery Girl," a tired voice cut him off. Aizawa-sensei walked slowly towards them as (Y/n) released her unhuman grip, the almost mutated limb receding back into her body.

She massaged her temples and closed her eyes, sighing quietly. She nodded. Opening her eyes, she started towards the building only to be stopped by a shout. "Hey! Walk behind me."

~~~several days later~~~

The bell rung as the day ended that Friday. "Hito!" (Y/n) dashed towards the tall boy with a smile. "Hey, Hito, wanna come over to my place for a movie on Saturday?"

He glanced down at her as she peered up with hopeful eyes. "I don't know. I have some homework to do." Her smile curved downwards into a pout.

"We could work together on homework?" She doubled her walking speed to keep up with his strides. Hitoshi let out a hum as he shrugged. "P-pwease mwister pwesident?" (Y/n)'s voice became higher pitched.

"Why? That's so old."

"Pwease? I'll dwo anythwing!" He let out a sigh.

"Why do I... anything?"

"Anything!" She waved her hands around and bounced as if to punctuate the word.

"The perish."

Rather than the over-the-top screech of agony he expected to hear, she tugged on his blazer hard enough to pull him down a little and leaned in close. "Maybe if you're the one killing me with kindness, love," she drawled, her breath fanning out across his skin. She was gone the next moment, bouncing ahead while Hitoshi had frozen with widened eyes and parted lips.

"The fuck," he murmured. Ahead, (Y/n) paused and looked back at him.

"So, yes?"

"What?" He cleared his throat before continuing to walk.

"Do you wanna come over for a movie?"

"Sure."

(the fact that these two are friends is astonishing, especially considering the fact that the first words hitoshi said to her were "you're in my way and i don't wanna have to move you." she had whirled around, ignoring the split second thought of hot voice alert, about to hurl some comeback at him when she stopped herself short. "you remind me of taro milk tea," she said instead. he froze when she made eye contact with him. he had been told before that his glare was intense, although in considerably less kind and more profane terms, but her stare-

he gulped as his heart slammed against his ribs involuntarily. he blinked and averted his gaze, trying to save face as a small smile tugged at the strange girl's lips before she spoke again.

this encounter wasn't what sealed their friendship, though.)

And someone, Hitoshi found himself inside her house watching some movie he'd forgotten the name of only five minutes in. He made some sarcastic smile and a smile tugged at his lips when she snorted.

"Ah, shit," (Y/n) said, lunging off the couch and towards the kitchen nearby. "I got pocky up my nose."

He let out a chuckle. "How?"

"I don't know!" Her tone halfway between laughing and crying. There was a pause before she coughed loudly. "I think I snorted it by accident."

"How do you snort pocky by accident?" Her response was an even louder cough followed by a half-hearted cheer. She re-emerged and gave him a sharp grin.

"I look pretty good for a dead bitch."

"She's alive," he drawled sarcastically. "Unfortunately."

(Y/n) gave a loud gasp. "You'll regret that." Hitoshi gave a disinterested hum, leaning back on the couch and tilting his head.

"Really?" His tone made it a challenge.

"You're not allowed to pet my cat anymore." Hitoshi shifted his gaze, looking at the TV instead of her.

"We both know Wrinkle likes me more than you." He propped his head up with his hand, leaning into the armrest of the couch.

"You come into my house-" she sputters. "You know what? Fight me."

"No." He didn't need to look at her to know a teasing smile had danced its way across her lips. (Y/n)'s pace was slow as she made her way to the couch and leaned down.

"Why?" she cooed. "Afraid you'll lose?" He wasn't watching the movie anymore; in truth, he hadn't been watching it since she first moved off the couch.

(even though she'd never given the implication of it, hitoshi always had a flicker of doubt about why she was friends with him. it lurked in the back of his mind even when the pair were just hanging out: why did she stay by his side? was he so pitiful and pathetic that a school-famous 'bad girl' felt bad enough to be nice to him?

he unintentionally jerked away from her gentle touch, his mind whirling and his face screwed into a scowl. "afraid you'll lose?" she said, as if he needed one more person to remind him that they were better.)

"Hito-?" She pulled her hands away, her eyes widening oh-so-innocently. "What happened? Was it something I said-?"

"Why do you even hang around me?" His head was turned away.

"What do you-" Her hands fell to her sides, arms slack and eyes vacant. Hitoshi buried his head in his hands, running his fingers along his scalp as his breathing heightened and became unsteady.

"Not here, not now," he murmured to himself, voice cracking. It was too late, tears streamed down his face before he could stop them, his heart hammering in his chest. He tucked his head between his knees and tried to stop his body from shaking. His grip on her mind loosened.

"Hito?" He could tell she was besides him from the way the couch shifted. (Y/n) pulled him into her, wrapping her arms around him in an embrace. "Do- do you need water or anything?"

"Why do you even hang around me?" He looked up, his brows drawn together.

(now that he was closer, he could see every detail of her face: the way her hair had come loose from its restraints, the scar at the corner of her mouth that she told him she'd gotten from a fight in middle school, the hint of smudged eyeliner that she missed when washing her face, and the way her (e/c) eyes almost glowed in the dim light from the forgotten movie.)

She took a moment to respond. "We just clicked I guess. I mean, we're both a little fucked up, so why not be fucked up together? I'm sorry, I'm not good at-"

She was cut off by his laugh. "No, it's-" Hitoshi laughed again, wiping the tears from the corners of his eyes and sniffling. "It's honest. And funny."

"Do you wanna stay the night? You can if you want to. I have to leave in the morning, though." He nods and leans into her as she starts to run her fingers through his hair.

AN: angsty fluff? of course