3

Angela

It was now the next morning. I woke up to Elijah nowhere near me. I sighed and began to get ready, hopefully he was somewhere around the house.

Once I finished getting ready, I made my way into the living room. There he was, sound asleep on the couch.

"Baby.." I said as I slowly approached him. "Baby, get up you're going to be late."

He slowly opened his eyes, then got up.

"What time did you get home Elijah?" I asked.

"I don't remember, maybe sometime around twelve."  He walked passed me.

"Wait come here." I grabbed his arm and brought him closer to me. "I'm sorry about yesterday, I really am."

"Angela-" He began.

"No baby, listen. I'm really sorry okay? Have a great day at work and we'll talk about everything later." I leaned in and kissed him. It was then that I noticed the slight scent of female perfume. I remained calm and slowly pulled away.

"I love you." He said.

"I love you too." I blankly responded as I left for work. I was running a tad bit late, but nothing too dramatic.

I hurried to school. I made it with about five minutes to spare before class was set to begin. I made my way into my room and quickly wrote page numbers on the board.

"I never knew someone could write so fast." Someone said near the door.

I quickly turned my head and noticed Delilah standing there.

"Please, knock before you enter, you startled me." I returned back to writing.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Would you like me to wait outside?"

"No Delilah, you can stay." I finished writing on the board and went to my desk.

"Are you okay? You seem a little bit frazzled." She stated.

"I'm alright, just a few things going on in my head. How are you?"

"I'm doing fine." She smiled.

"That's great." I responded. The bell rung as students entered the classroom.

"Alright everyone settle down and get out your journals, you'll also need your assigned novel today." I said as I stood up and walked towards the front of the class. I felt eyes on me but I didn't want to look back.

"Today, I'm not really feeling a lecture so we're going to do something small. If you could please turn to chapter 12 and write a brief summary, I know we haven't read this book just yet but I'd like to get familiar with everyone's writing style. This exercise will show me how you think and also how great of a writer you may be, so please take this seriously. If you need anything, I'll be at my desk. This shouldn't become homework if you stay focused." I stated to the class.

As students began pulling out their journals and novels, I went back to my desk. There was slight chatter but I didn't mind. I sat at my desk and took a deep sigh as I began reading a news article. Before I knew it, I was deep into my thoughts.

Why did he smell like some sort of cheap perfume? Well, I figured why but I didn't want to believe it. Elijah wasn't a cheater, he was loyal. I've never had any doubts about him, ever. Whoever had their hands on him, wouldn't have him for long. Whatever it takes to make him stay, I'll do it, even if it means starting a family now. I have to keep my man, I just have to.

Maybe he just hugged his assistant, Vivian. She's a nice, young girl. I've only met her once during my husbands five years of working at the firm. She's an assistant, I don't think I'm supposed to know her that well...but then again I'm good friends with the janitor.