4

Delilah

I was off today. I decided to go straight to my apartment to start working on homework. It wasn't too much, but a good amount.

Once I made it to my apartment, I opened my door and saw Jada sitting on my couch. I rolled my eyes and went straight to my room.

"I know you see me." Jada said as she followed me.

"I sure do. Can I help you?" I put my bag on the floor and sat on the bed.

"You okay? I know you went to talk to that one teacher lady but you seemed in a better mood earlier."

"I'm fine."

In reality I was not fine. I hated seeing Angela in any other mood than happy. I wanted to make her feel better, I wanted her to take her frustrations out on me. I was so attached to her while she more than likely didn't feel the same way about me.

I was craving love and affection. I needed something, better yet someone to fill my need. At that moment, that person happened to be Jada.

"Are you sure?" She asked as she sat next to me.

"Mhm." I slowly licked my lips and locked my eyes with hers.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" She asked.

I placed my arms around her neck and moved onto her lap. She wrapped her arms around my waist and brung me in closer. We were now breathing heavily against each other as my need for sexual desire grew more and more.

"D, I don't think this is something you want to do." Jada said up against me.

"Shh, yes it is." I leaned in and placed my lips onto hers, she pulled away and looked at me.

"Are you sure? Don't play with me, please." She looked so serious, as if we couldn't have a little bit of fun.

We stared at each other until I finally came to my senses. I was about to use my best friend for a temporary feeling. How selfish of me.

"You're right, I'm sorry." I got off of her lap slowly and stood directly in front of her.

"Wow.." She began.

"Jada I'm-"

"No, fuck that. Delilah, you know how I feel about you. Why the fuck would you do that?" She got off the bed as she verbally let out her anger.

"I'm sorry, I really am. I didn't mean to." I was beginning to cry, Jada was furious.

"Like hell you didn't, I cant even believe you right now." She stormed out of my room and made her way to my front door.

"Jada wait-"

She slammed the door on her way out. I went back into my room and crawled  into bed as tears began to stream down my face. I felt like a terrible person.

She'll never forgive me.

Angela

I had just prepared dinner. Homemade vegan burgers with sweet potato fries. Elijah's favorite.

It was almost 6 o'clock, two hours past 4 o'clock which is when Elijah gets off. It usually takes him about 45 minutes to drive home directly from work. So where could he be? I've called him twice, straight to voicemail.

I sat on the couch with a glass of wine. I took a deep sigh as I sat there waiting for him.

Thirty minutes had passed. Still, no sign of Elijah.

This was getting old. I don't know how much longer I can pretend my stupidity with him. I've had about enough.

It was now a quarter til seven. I heard the front door unlocked as Elijah entered. I didn't move, at all.

"Hey baby. Sorry I'm late, things ran late at the office." He said as he threw down his belongings.

"I called you Elijah." I said staring at my glass.

"I said things ran late, other than that I would have answered."

"Twice." I said as tears began to form in my eyes.

"I missed a few calls.. I'm sorry. There's no need to cry." He said as he approached me.

"Who is it?" I put the glass down and stood up to face him. "Huh? Who is it? Vivian? Someone else? Who?"

"What the hell are you talking about?" He seemed confused.

"Who has you 'staying at the office' Elijah? Who has you not returning my calls? Who has you smelling like cheap ass perfume with an ugly shade of lipstick on your collar?" Tears began streaming down my face.

"Baby.. it's all a misunderstanding." He got closer to me.

"Well what am I supposed to think? All the signs are there."

"I would never put you through that type of stuff, you should know that." He wiped my tears from my face and looked down at me.

"Don't look at me like that...You know exactly what you're doing. You need to explain Elijah."

"I'll explain.. but first I think you need to calm down.  You've been really stressed lately." He wrapped his hands around my waist.

"I know. There's a lot going on."

"I think I know a way to relieve your stress." He began kissing on my neck.

"No baby, you need to ex- shit."  I felt his hand rub up against my womanhood.

I surrendered.