chapter 2: ground rules

Marinette POV

At Kagami's house

"And that's why she didn't come back to school. Because, s-she was u-um doing extra studying with me and Alya about, s-school stuff, and yeah."

Kagami's mom can get really intimidating, especially right now. She's looking directly into my eyes, her face is totally serious. "Hm. Okay, that's fine Marinette."

"Really?"

"Yes. I believe since you and your friend Alya were helping Kagami study, I have a feeling she will benefit a lot from you. To make it better, you your friend and Kagami can have a sleepover here at my place this weekend."

Kagami POV

My jaw dropped. Mom never even mentioned having a sleepover before, but when Marinette smiled,just by looking at her cheeks turn red a little from my moms flattery, I couldn't help but grin a little too. "Heh, thanks."

When Marinette was done talking, she quickly left the house, leaving just me and my mom looking at each other in the living room.

Things were getting a tad awkward. "Well, I should go upstairs."

"Alright."

"So about the sleepover-"

"Go upstairs Kagami."

I went upstairs to my room and instead of writing in my journal, I texted Marinette instead since I got her number from her ever since we participated in that friend activity.

Thanks for covering for me. You're a lifesaver, Marinette.

I started to feel a little bit flustered and worried. What if she wouldn't text me back, or was it a bit too cheesy to read? This is complicating. About less than a minute passes by and all of my worrying stopped when I saw her reply.

Marinette: You're welcome Kagami ()

Me: Did you tell Alya about the sleepover  yet?

Marinette: Yes!! She says that she'll be coming too for extra company. Hopefully your mom doesn't mind.

Me: She won't I promise.

Marinette: Alright. See you there :)

And just like that. My very first sleepover with Marinette, and Alya too I guess.

The thought about it it's just so exiting. Think of all the fun things we will do.

Come to think of it, what do people do in sleepovers?

I know they obviously stay up at night but what else?

I guess Marinette and extra company girl, I mean Alya will tell me. After all, it is my first one.

A/N: Oh my goodness, I am so sorry for not updating for a while, school has been keeping me so busy lately and I'm also trying to finish another story I've been writing for months. I promise I'll try to update more frequently, okay? Love y'all💗💘