chapter 7: forbidden

Kagami POV

"Care to explain you two?" My mother said suspiciously.

At that point, we were both in despair, and literally scared for our lives. My body was tensing up so much and I couldn't stop myself from shaking.

I guess this is the way I'm forced out of the closet.

"Well Miss Tsurugi, we w-were only playing around. I-it's not like it was actually s-seriously kissing or a-anything right? Cause I-I don't know cause she can't fall in love right? Hehehe."

Great distraction Mari.  I thought. This should buy us some time.

"Clearly you are aware of my rule for Kagami not falling in love, are you not?"

Marinette kept quiet, but her face sure showed she wasn't. In any case she looked more terrified than I was, and for some reason, angry.

"You see, I only want the best for my daughter. I want her to succeed in any way possible, but falling in love is a burden."

This time, my mother was facing me.

"To think that you would fall in love with a girl at sorts. I expected better from you Kagami. You disobeyed me yet again."

I bowed my head a little bit, hoping that my mother thought I was being remorseful. But instead, I wanted to scream. Tell her everything that I'm feeling. About myself, my love for Marinette. All of it.

"You both disgust me."

This is when it happened. Marinette came close to my mother and slapped her. Harshly.

"You're disgusting. I can't believe you would have such a rule like that. 'I only want the best for my daughter.' What a load of crap! Kagami can love who she wants without limits. Because love isn't something that can be controlled by manipulative parents like you."

I came up to Marinette and pushed her back to keep distance from my mother, because Mari looked like she was about to lose her temper. Her face was red, with her fists clenched too.

Flashback to Marinette's convo with Alya.

"You know the whole thing about Kagami not able to fall in love?"

"Yeah i know about it. Why?"

"Kagami's mother is definitely homophobic."

"Huh?"

"Think about it. Besides the exception that she lets you come to her house and the whole sleepover, she's so strict and constantly watching Kagami's every move. It's really creepy, don't you think?"

"Yes but, what do you want me to do?"

"I want you to be there when Kagami comes out. Because she definitely can't handle her own mother by herself. If anything happens, say something. Stand your ground girl."

"Yeah but I don't know if I can do it."

"She's the love of your life, girl. Of course you can do it."

"Hm. Okay!"

Back to the present/ No one POV:

Kagami's mother looked at Marinette with dead eyes, as if she was about to kill her.

"How dare you slap your elders! Do you not have respect?"

"I do, just not for you. You won't accept or support your own daughter being in love. Or for that matter, being lesbian."

This is when Kagami decided to take a stand for herself. "All I want is to be accepted for who I am."

"Hah, What is this nonsense? This isn't who you are. It must be some fake." Kagami's mother replied.

"It is who she is. Deal with it."

Kagami's mother was already angry at Marinette, and just by her reply, it made her even more angry. But she did all she could to keep her composure.

"For my whole life, I've been following your rules. I wasn't able to meet friends, or even go outside. You're so overprotective. I can't believe I thought you changed because you haven't. If you did we wouldn't be having this conversation."

"Regardless if I have changed or not, Kagami Tsurugi, you are not allowed to fall in love under any circumstance."

"But I can't keep hiding from it, mother. I love her, and I want to be with her."

Suddenly, Marinette started to cry. Her face was red from all of the tears and anger. She couldn't bear to see her significant other's mother being rejective of Kagami's feelings.

Her mother went upstairs for a total of excatly 30 minutes, and came back downstairs with Kagami's large luggage and a duffel bag. She dropped them on the floor harshly, leaving Kagami in shock.

"Just leave, and don't you think about setting foot in this house again."

"Are you for re-" Marinette said

"No, it's okay Mari. I knew this was going to happen."

"What do you mean?! She's literally kicking you out of your house!"

"This isn't my house anymore. Let's go, Mari. To who I truly belong. With you."

Just like that, Kagami took her things and her and Marinette left the house. A few seconds later Kagami broke down into tears.

Marinette came to her and held her closely. "Hey, it's okay. It's going to be okay. Don't cry, darling. I'm right here."

She started crying even more. "I want to stay with you, Marinette. I never want you to leave me."

"I'll never leave you, Kagami. I'm always going to be here, with you, until the end of time.

Kagami looked at her in the eyes, of course with tears still running down her face. "You promise?"

Marinette wiped her tears while cupping her face and grinning sadly. "I promise."

Kagami grinned back, until both girls leaned in to kiss each other, and holding each other. They didn't care who else saw, what only mattered was the two of them together.

"Let's go to my house. I'm sure my mom and dad will let you live with us." Marinette said.

"Okay, let's go." Kagami replied while the both of them started walking together and holding the bags.

"Hey, Kagami?"

"Yeah?"

"I love you."

"I know, and I love you too."