chapter 10: a shocking arrival

A/N: HEY GUYS I JUST WANT TO SAY THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL THE LOVE AND SUPPORT FOR THIS STORY 🥰❤️ I REALLY DO APPRECIATE IT!

Now back to the story...

Kagami POV

"Mother?" I replied.

Marinette came by my side and looked at my mom with disgust.

"What are you doing here?"

Mom bowed. "I ask if I can come into your house. What I want to speak of is something I can't say outside."

"Yeah, like hell you're coming into our house. Whatever you want to say then sa-"

"Fine. Come inside."

Marinette whisper shouted in my ear. "Kagami, I love you but what do you think you're doing? This is the same mom who kicked you out for being with me."

I didn't respond.

I know that, Marinette. You're right. She is. But, just let me hear her out.

Once she came in, she went to sit on the couch across from the couch we went to sit on.

I could feel Marinette's anger just from her holding my arm tightly. I looked at her, gesturing to relax, but of course she just held my arm even tighter. It kind of hurt for a little bit.

"So, what did you want to say mom?"

"Well, I-" She looked down and took of her glasses, looking at both of us in the eyes. Funny that this is the very first time seeing her without them.

She then bowed her head.

"I'm sorry, Kagami. For the way I treated you, being disrespectful towards you and Marinette, not allowing you to fall in love, kicking you out of the house, everything."

Me and Marinette looked at each other with shock. We were speechless.

She then looked up, looking at both of us dead in the eyes. Her eyes are just like mine.

"And Marinette, you may not remember but years ago you slapped me. Thank you, I deserved it."

"I, I do remember."

"Anyways, I'm here because you needed the second parent to approve of your marriage to legalize it, is that correct?"

We nodded. Wow, just wow.

"Well, I have approved it. And I fully support you and Marinette together. No more of the not falling in love rule. You both can be together without any hate from your mother, Kagami. And you're even welcome back to my house anytime yo-"

"It took you four years, four fucking years to get your support?!" Marinette asked.

"Marinette." I replied.

"But it's true. This, what you're saying right now is what she wanted to hear four years ago. But no, it took you this long for you to say this when you could've supported us since day one."

"I know that I should've said this sooner, Marinette. I know that. But it's better than not being supportive at all. I don't expect forgiveness, neither am I asking for it. I just want to start over and not only be here for Kagami, but also you too Marinette. I'm not going to disrespect your relationship anymore. I support you both."

At that moment, I was just at a lost for words. I'm not sure if I should be happy, or be angry. Because honestly, I'm uncertain.

All I did was how my head and put Marinette's head down too.

"Thank you, Mother. We do appreciate it." I replied.

She nodded. Without saying a word, she left our house. I could hear muffled sounds outside, but I didn't bother listening.

A few minutes went by and Marinette and I went back into our bedroom.

"Kagami, you okay?"

"Im glad."

"You're what?"

"I'm glad. After all this time, she finally said what I wanted, well what we wanted to hear."

"I know but, it took her so long. And she caused you so much pain."

I kissed her forehead. "It's okay. She supports us now. There's nothing to worry about now."

"You're right."

"I love you, Marinette."

"I love you too, Kagami."

Meanwhile, outside the house: Kagami's mom POV

"So, how did it go?" Sabine asked with Tom by her side.

"They were speechless. Well, Marinette went off saying I should've said that sooner."

"Ah yes, typical Marinette. I don't blame her though, no offense."

"Mhm." I replied.

"Hey, the good thing is that they know you're no longer against their relationship. It'll take some time to process it though. Don't worry."
Sabine said.

"You're right." I grinned.

All three of us went into my car and drove back home. As I drove, I was just admiring their house and thought, they went through all of that pain I caused them, but they are still successful.

It makes me sad. Marinette was right, I should've said this sooner.

Now I know better that if Kagami is in love with someone, I should be happy and support her and Marinette till the very end.