12.1

Minho is trying to ignore his sadness. I feel his heart aching inside of mine.

Minho: Hello? Hello, this is an emergency we need an ambulance right now.

I sob wrapping my shirt tighter around his waist. It's all red. Bloody.

Minho: Right now, yeah. It's about life or death.

We flash each other a look.

Minho: Fine. Thank you, thank you so much.

He bends down again leaving his phone on the ground.

Me: Minho...

I stare at him. My eyes are out of hope. Glassy and sore. My face stands for the pain I'm feeling. I stop pressing letting my body lean against the cold wall and try to stay sane.

Me: Minho.

Minho: Hey, come here. Come here, sweetie. We're in this together.

He embraces me. It kind of makes my cold skin warm up but I don't feel better. It even pains me worse.

Me: Not again, Minho. I don't wanna go through this again.

Minho: You won't have to. Me neither.

He tightens his grip sinking deeper into the hug.

Minho: Never again.

Colored lights appear in the distance.

Minho: That's them.

We nod at each other and he walks off waving the paramedics into the right direction. I watch him talking to one of them while three others come approaching me and Jisung. They bend down to us.

Paramedic 1: Unconscious. What about the girl?

I'm being covered into a warm blanket. But all I see is Jisung getting dragged towards the vehicle on a lie.

Paramedic 2: Hey, I'm Tori. Do you have any injuries, did you fall? Anything?

I shake my head in an incredibly low speed.

Tori: Do you know the guy?

My nodding doesn't honestly work any faster.

Tori: I see you've been trying to help him.

She squints to my shirt.

Tori: That was a very brave step. You can be proud of yourself.

Her smile seems warm and pure.

Tori: Come on, I'll lead you to the van.

She reaches out her hand asking me to take it. I explore it still being in a trance and not able to move.