35.1

Katie: Baby girl...

I tear up immediately rushing out of bed and running into her arms.

Me: Mom.

Her motherly touch is all I could wish for right now. Embracing her is the most wonderful thing ever and right now it feels even better than all the times before.

Katie: I love you so much.

She starts crying tightening her grip around me.

Katie: You don't know how happy I am to see you're okay.

I hold back staring at her lovingly.

Me: Yes I do.

Jake: My love.

We exchange a look and he embraces me just as well. I can see the weakness in his eyes.

Jake: We were so worried about you, love. I could've never forgiven myself if anything had happened to you.

Me: I'm alright, it's over now.

Wiping some tears away I now look at both of them.

Katie: Baby you look horrible, what happened to you?

Jake takes ahold of her protectively to calm her down. My lips form a soft smile.

Me: I'll tell you. But maybe not today.

Pitifully glaring at them I realize someone's missing.

Me: Where's Minho?

There's hurt sounding in my voice. Katie and Jake look at each other before Jake speaks up.

Jake: He's at home.

Me: Oh... I see.

They nod silently.

Jake: Listen, Minji, the doctors say you can stay here so they can check on you, but we can also take you home. The important is that you don't stay unattended.

I need a moment to think about this.

Jake: How would you like it to be?

Feeling warmth growing inside of me, another tears rolls down my cheek.

Me: Let's go home.

I throw them a last view before I turn around to put on my dirty clothes. Well, at least they're better than these hospital-dresses.

Jake: Oh child.

Me: I know.

He sighs at how taken through I must seem right now.

Jake: Well then, come on home.