18.3

???: Time to wake up, little one.

I groan realizing someone talking to me. Rubbing my eyes I slowly recognize who it is.

Me: Ugh.

Hyunjin: Well nice to see you too. Had a good sleep?

He reaches out his hand.

Me: I dreamt of a stupid psychopath that shot my friend and kidnapped me.

Not accepting his hand I get up myself and look around.

Me: Where have you took me?

Hyunjin: To my territory.

I raise my eyebrow in a disgusted way.

Me: I see.

Hyunjin: What's with that face? Aren't you happy to be with me again, sweetie?

He smirks coming closer towards me.

Hyunjin: Come on.

I can't help myself and let him embrace my waist gulping.

Hyunjin: Forget about your friend. He was a loser either way.

Me: He's not the loser.

His grip tightens.

Me: You are.

Hyunjin: I am?

Our eyes get stuck on each other.

Hyunjin: Then why am I holding my prize in my hands?

My disgust gets even bigger.

Hyunjin: I played and I won. Everything went as planned.

I still don't reply.

Hyunjin: That's what you call a winner, Minji.

Letting go of me he approaches something in the back of the room. The lights are so dim in here that I can barely see anything.

Me: What are you doing?

He ignores me while his steps become more quiet every second.

Me: Hello?

My heartbeat fastens.

Me: Hyunjin, what the fuck?

Seems like he's gone.

Me: Where are you?

I'm starting to feel anxious. There's no exit to get out of here.

Me: This isn't funny.

My breath has become so heavy it's already hard to speak.

Me: Please say something.

I cover my mouth crying in complete fear. It's so cold in here and I have nothing to send a sign to anyone. There's not even anyone. Everybody's gone.

I glide down the dirty wall drowning in complete emptiness. If I'm meant to be here all alone until someone comes and saves me, I'd rather die on the spot.

Me: I'm so sorry...

My heart is aching and I can't take it. I don't even understand why he took me here. What is his point? I don't know, I just don't know. I gaze at the mole on my wrist smiling lightly. Minho and I both have it. When we were younger we used to think someone drew them onto our skin while we were sleeping. I chuckle. Hyunjin was our very first foster brother. Him and his family, consisting of a strict mom, a creepy dad and a vicious younger sister, couldn't stand us since day one. I don't even get why they took us in. At first, everything seemed to be fine. They took good fare of us and showed us how to be part of their family, we were living a dream. But throughout time this dream soon turned into a nightmare. Hyunjin's father started beating up Min every evening when no one was around. He turned all the lights off and slapped him with his belt or punched him until he couldn't fight back anymore. We were about eight years old. Today, darkness is his biggest fear. I liked the mother best, even if she was hard sometimes. But she never hurt us. His sister was just mean, and she tried to drag us down for not having an own family, but we could withstand that. What I couldn't ignore, was the way Hyunjin treated me. He's older than me, so when I was eight he must've been about fifteen. It all started when we were having dinner alone, no one else was home. I ate up my food and waited for him to finish as well, we always had to do that. But I remember how he pushed his plate away and looked at me suspiciously. I asked if there was something wrong, but he shook his head. He said "You're beautiful.", and smiled at me. I smiled back thanking him and wanted to get up. "Wait," he said. I looked at him realizing he had already gotten up. He was so much taller than me, it scared me. He knew I was scared. He enjoyed it. "Come here." "Sit on my lap.", that's what he asked. I didn't know why, so I got up and walked over to his side of the table. He packed me and made me sit on top of him. Nothing happened until then, I wasn't expecting anything. I then asked how he'd liked the food, he told me he was still hungry. I laughed calling him a wolverine, but soon realized he didn't laugh along and stopped. In the next moment he gave me a kiss on the cheek. I widened my eyes but replied: "Do you love me now?". He gave me another kiss, this time on the lips, saying yes, he loved me. I became uncomfortable and told him I wanted to leave into my room, but he kept me in my place continuing to put kisses all over my body. I started crying, but he didn't quit. I called out Minho's name helplessly but he wasn't around. Then suddenly he raised his voice. "Can you whistle, sweetie?", he held back for a moment staring at me intensely. I nodded my head anxiously. "Show me.", and I did. "Very good, I bet you're gonna do well.", he put me down to the floor again and got up. "What am I gonna do?", I cluelessly watched him opening his belt. "Just whistle."

Just whistle. That's what he told me. I did. That day, another day, the day after, and he became more violent every time. He forced me to do things I didn't even know about. The day they sent us back was probably the biggest relief I've ever felt in my life. I was finally free, it was finally over.

Me: I'm such a mess.

I scoff to myself leaning my head against the wall. It's getting colder with every minute. I just wish I would've never had to start this. Or at least I'd like to cone to an end. I'm so worried about Jisung. I can't handle this feeling. My lungs are filled with pure guilt. I shouldn't have let him come with me, now it's my fault that he's hurt. Or whatever happened to him. Maybe I'll never find out. Maybe I'm not going to survive this mental torture. I hate this. I hate what's happening and I hate myself for not being able to make it stop. I should've told them from the beginning. I shouldn't have kept it a secret. I'm so stupid. I lied to my friends. I lied to my brother. The person I've never kept a secret from before. And he noticed, he noticed something was up. But I couldn't tell him. I was too afraid something would happen to him. I felt so watched. But now I feel so alone. There's nobody. Not even the person I hate most.