Part 10

Dear Readers,

 You've all been so kind and patient with me regarding this story and while I still have several things to work out (Personally) I thought it was only right to offer something. While it's not much, I do want to thank everyone who has offered their support. I now present, with much gratitude, this chapter. Please enjoy. 

"I'm almost there, Harlequin. I've started working on the medicine. If it wasn't storming so badly right now, I'd be out there now and I could get the last few things. " Diane glanced down at her son, the boy slept peacefully in her arms, while his sister rested in King's. "I just can't wait to have you with me and to have them one day. I will kind of miss this though."

"Yeah. It's kind of funny, how much you can love someone who doesn't even exist yet." King replied. Diane smiled.

"You feel it too?"

"I felt it the day I met them. All these little moments only make me want our family more." King admitted. Diane leaned down, resting her head on his shoulder.

"So, when you said maybe one day we could have them..."She began allowing her voice to trail off hopefully.

"We definitely should, I mean if you still want to by then. You're a great mother."The fairy blushed. Diane pressed her lips to King's.

"You'll be the best dad, Harlequin. Our own little family, the four of us.." the giantess sighed contentedly. "Do you think it'll turn out like this?"

"I don't know if it'll be exactly like this, but I think It'll be close. You know, it's not such a bad thing that you had to stay in today." King said. "I mean if it means we get to be together for a while longer.   When I come home, and everything's back to normal, we should take some time  to do this, just to enjoy each other." Diane smiled.

"Yeah and maybe in a few years, we find somewhere that feels enough like home to settle into. and We can have these two."

"Mommy, Daddy?"Ava called sleepily.  "Is it time for snacking?"She rubbed her eyes and snuggled back into her father's arms.

"I think it's a little early for snacks," King said gently, the child frowned. "But it's a good time to have some breakfast if you're hungry." Instantly, the smile returned.

"That's yummy too!" She cried, sitting up and hugging King. The fairy lightly kissed the top of his daughter's head, earning a giggle from the young girl. 

"Can we pick strawberries when Brother is awake? Then we can get some cheese." King and Diane chuckled. 

"She's definitely your daughter." The giantess teased. Ava turned to face her mother.

"Can I still be yours too, Mommy?" she asked, tilting her head slightly. Diane stroked the girl's hair.

"It just means you're a lot like your daddy, that's all. You're still our little girl." Soon, King found himself in a field watching the children and Diane play among the plants, stopping occasionally to pick some of the fruit and eat it.  King loved the sounds of laughter and enjoyed the time he spent with his family. He loved when Diane dreamed of the children, leaving the door open for him.  

"Daddy, look!" Oberon cried, running toward him, a wicker basket in his arms.  He held the object out.  "There are two big strawberries and two baby ones. Mommy helped me count them so I could show you.' The boy reached in and removed one of the larger berries, offering it to his father.

"I picked this one just for you!" He exclaimed proudly.  King took the object, kneeling in front of his son. 

"Thank you." He said, pulling Oberon into a hug.