The Endless Teasing and the Stupid Idea

"I will miss you so much! Oh, my love where are you going leaving me behind?" Aradhya said dramatically. Which earned laughter from all the other brothers, even Dhairya. All except Parth. Even Prishati had to struggle to keep that smile from showing. But when Madhav locked her eyes with her, his face also contorted they burst out in laughter.

"Very mature." Parth said folding his hands.

"Come on Parth, it was just a joke!" Prishati said keeping her hand on his shoulder.

"Yes, brother your beloved is saying so she must be right!" Abhay said mirth twinkling in his eyes.

"Jeshtha, come on stop with it already!" Prishati replied. The past few weeks had been excruciating. The jabs though all in goodwill had become unbearable. Parth and Prishati had made it very clear that they did not like each other in the way others were assuming. But apparently, their word didn't count.

"Yes, I agree with Prishati. Teasing merrily to an extent is justifiable but when the other person begins to get offended you should halt." Dhairya said sternly.

"Anyway, you have to go to practice!" Parth said trying to not get irritated. 

"I won't go if you want so!" Prishati said softly, as it was visible Parth, wasn't in a very great state.

"Yes, please don't go!" Aradhya murmured from the back.

"I can't live a moment without you!" Abhay joined in.

"Enough. This is getting out of hand! We have made it very explicit it is not what you think it is between us! I accept your yesterday night's bet that I can't stay away from Prishati fora total of 12 hours." Parth said unquestionably fuming.

Abhay and Aradhya were taken aback. They didn't know their teasing affected their brother so much. But Parth knew that it wasn't only that. Even he thought it would be impossible to stay away from Prishati and that was why he was more irritated. Parth looked at Prishati and she saw his eyes they were filled with determination. She knew she couldn't talk him out of this. She just gave him a tight-lipped smile as affirmation and Parth stormed away.

"Madhav could you-" Prsihati started.

"You don't have to say anything. I will make sure he is fine." Madhav said scurrying after the boy.

"He will be fine!" Prishati responded sympathetically to the guilt-stricken Abhay and Aradhya.

"Jiji you will be late for practice!" Gyanav said breaking the tension. Prishati just nodded and broke into a run.

-:-

"I am sorry I am late!" Prishati said panting.

"Well doesn't really matter as practice will be delayed for about half an hour." Charvik said shrugging sitting under the shade of an apple tree.

"What! Why?" Prishati asked sitting beside her.

"The knives are being used by Guruji for something I don't know!" Charvik said deflated.

"It is okay we will wait." Prishati said resting her head on the back of the trunk.

"Yo- You won't go?" Charvik asked shocked.

"No." Prishati replied smiling. She knew she would have left if it wasn't for what happened today. She had nowhere to go to. And she needed to divert her mind.

"Cool. What do you want to do? What about a race?" Charvik said excitedly.

"Can't we do something else? I am a little tired." Prishati asked.