Chapter 6

You woke up having been gently laid on the stone of the tower. The stars still twinkled brightly. Where had Draco gone? When did you fall asleep? Oh god. You'd fallen asleep? You felt a twinge of sickness. It was humiliating what you'd done only a few hours prior.

"That's the last time that's happening," you told yourself. Was it true? Who knew. You felt as if you and Draco had been friends for a very long time. Still, there was something offsetting about him. He was honestly kind of an ass. Yes, you too had been raised in the traditional pureblood ways, but you managed not to be a complete prick. You frowned at the thought. How could someone be so amazing to be around yet so infuriating? The Luna situation never really had been resolved. You sighed, brushing off your robes. "Last time."

You certainly didn't want to be easy. No opening your legs for Draco. As you got up, you grabbed your book. Your shoes padded lightly down the stairs, stopping only to pick up the tie you'd disregarded earlier.

The common room was empty when you arrived, the darkness only broken by the light of a few candles. It was quite peaceful. Not a soul to judge you as you crept to your quarters, changing into pajamas and drifting quite easily into a deep sleep. Though you had not earlier, you found that your dreams were frightening and cryptic.

Your world rotated violently. It felt as if you had fallen. Your eyes opened, yet you were not wholly sure you were awake.  The Dark Lord's snake, Nagini, had appeared to you.

You froze in fear.

"Let me see it," she whispered. Your body moved without consent, shakily pulling up your sleeve to reveal your forearm. You seemed extremely pale. Panic had set through your mind.

There it slithered, exposed, and black. A menacing darkness signifying your eternal allegiance.

The dark mark.

You shut your eyes tightly. Still, it remained, the vision of it burning brightly behind your eyelids.

You felt cold fingers caress your immobile limb. An echoing voice came from in front of you.

"Open your eyes."

You obeyed.

"My lord!" you said, slightly shocked. Your body seemed to ease from the unwilling control and you bowed, arm still held in his hand. Nagini sat by his side.

"We've missed you, Tabitha," he whispered, looking down to your arm and back up to your eyes. You were terrified. You'd met him before, with preparation of course. He had branded you, after all.

"Yes, my lord," you whispered. "It is a shame to be away."

Was this a dream? It was just a dream, right? Even so, you refused to speak out of line.

"Indeed.." he drew. "Remember your blood, Tabitha. Your lineage is precious." It was almost as if he could see the conflict within you. His cold fingers slid across your skin, landing on the mark. He pressed. Suddenly it seared with pain. It felt as if your arm was being crushed. You gasped, his finger still pressed against it. He had closed his eyes, taking a deep breath in. Seconds passed, the pain drawing them out far too long. Then, he released you as he did his lungs.

You collapsed, eyes watering to the brim. Your forearm felt as if it had shattered.

"I have plans for you, delicate child" he whispered.

You awoke in a pool of sweat. It was just a dream. You're ok. It was only a dream. You looked across the room, dimly lit by a waxing moon. Luna was still sleeping peacefully. You sighed, feeling shaken but relieved. Maybe it was time to write to Mother and Father. After that, you had been put in a state of great unease. Sometimes dreams were a result of stress. This would help, you thought. You sat up, making your way into the common room. Your hair was still messy and stuck to parts of your face. Not that it mattered, nobody else was awake. You drafted it in your head, writing it in the air with your finger on one of the velvety couches, then brought it to parchment.