Chapter 14

TW// Abuse

***

There was a faint hissing, yet everything was black.

Movement. You could feel a movement.

Something was stirring, and not in a pleasant way.

You rolled to your side, eyes still shut in sleep.

"No," you mumbled.

It continued forwards in a nauseating way.

You had a bad feeling about this.

You should probably wake yourself up...

"Ugh," you groaned, arms moving up to cradle your head.

Something hissed again.

Your eyes slowly opened, and you were met with the familiar darkness of the common room. You rubbed them, blinking wearily. What a strange dream.

Mother and Father had always warned you to be cautious of such. Since you were young, you were taught to close off your mind to suspicious interference. You suspected it was because of what had happened with Soronan. Better nobody knew of his betrayal of the Dark Lord.

You felt a twinge of sickness- or was it sadness?

Whatever it was, you pushed it down. It was easier not to confront your feelings, and just as you had been taught, better not to linger on cryptic trances. With that in mind, you fell back into a peaceful sleep, instead deciding to focus on Ron.

~~

"Tabitha, wake up," Luna cooed, shaking your shoulder gently. Your lids fluttered open, and above you she stood, soft and white.

"What is it?" you croaked, hair standing up wildly.

She smiled at you dreamily. "It's snowing!" she said, turning and making her way over to her window.

You took a large breath in, stretching your muscles up with a groan. You huffed, pushing yourself out of bed and making your way over. Sure enough, the grounds were thickly coated in a pearlescent glow. It was a charming contrast to the blackening exterior of the castle.

You smiled gently. Classes had ended for the time being, and you were looking forwards to spending some last-minute time with your friends before you had to go back.

~~

But they didn't show.

~~

Malfoy Manor. It was lavishly huge, much like your own home. The hedges that lined the cobbled pathway stood on either side of you and you sighed, heartbeat quickening significantly.