Chapter 9

A/N: Thank you all for the support, your comments mean the world to me. I'm so sorry for the delay in releasing, I'm a huge stressball and my finals are coming up soon. Stress really unmotivates me! Good news is I will still be trying to post at least once a week, and classes end the first week of December!! FYI, this is kind of a transition/ filler chapter! Love you all. 🖤

PS- HI TORRIN AND RACHEL

Outfit inspiration for this chapter:

A few weeks had passed with little trouble

A few weeks had passed with little trouble. It seemed, for the most part, all of your problems had been resolved. Your friendships remained steady, strengthening even, and the air had become sharp and cool. For the first time, you would be allowed to visit Hogsmeade. For this, you were delighted. Though Hogwarts was everything you could hope for and more, you longed to see more of the world.

~~

You and Luna trudged along, snow scratching under your boots. You squinted your eyes, as the sun hung white and cold in the mid sky, much like a pearl. It was freezing, and with this a sniffle escaped.

Hogsmead was charming in its own way.

"Who all do you think is going?" asked Luna dreamily. She shivered, rolling on her heel with the sensation. "It's quite cold."

"I'm not sure, Lune," you said, teeth chattering as well. You and she had become rather comfortable with the silence that sometimes accompanied your time together. "Hermione said there would be a bit. I've no idea."

You glanced at your side, seeing a small group of girls glancing and whispering in your direction. To be honest, you were used to this, but that didn't make it any more pleasant. This time, though, you knew it had nothing to do with who you were or who you accompanied (people simply would not give Luna a chance for some unfathomable reason), rather how you were dressed.

Luna's outwear was rather eccentric, as she sported a long purple robe and a teal sweater. With it, she wore thick pink leggings and old brown boots. This was expected of her, and it made you smile gently. You really admired her bold authenticity. Still, she was not as overdressed as you were.

You briefly remembered what she had said to you while getting ready.

'Just dress casually, everyone does. It's rather interesting to see how everyone looks outside of their robes.'

You heeded her advice the best you were able, yet the most casual clothing you owned wasn't casual at all. Unless you were to wear your pajamas, yet that wasn't reasonable. Your clothing was rich and refined, so you grabbed what you could, ending up in a long black waistcoat and long black boots. It looked much too formal, and for this you were deeply embarrassed- not that you'd ever had much of a say in your wardrobe. Maybe Hogsmeade would have some clothing stores?