07

Tampa, FL

"Sa'Kari go to the store for me!" Kaliyah yelled at her daughter.

Sa'Kari smacked her lips and got up. She was cleaning up her room, not that it was dirty she was just fixing little things.

Grabbing her black Tupac hoodie, purse, and phone, she headed out her room and went to her mothers room.

"What you in hea foe?" Her mother asked her with her face scrunched up.

"I don't know what you want and the money ma." Sa'Kari said annoyed. She just wanted to relax, she starts her job tomorrow and she wants to be well rested.

"I want some cigarettes and Reese's." Kaliyah said digging in her purse and pulling out 5 dollars.

"This ain't enough.." Sa'Kari looked at the curled up money that was in her hand.

"Make it enough."

"Mmcht." She walked out of the room and headed for the door.

She looked out the door to her right to see Poody and Peyton arguing again.

Shaking her head she started walking to the corner store.

Sa'Kari made it to the corner store and opened the door making the bells ring.

"Hi Ricky!" Sa'Kari greeted the Mexican man behind the register.

"Hey Kari!" Ricky spoke back.

Sa'Kari gave him a quick smiled then went the the candy aisle.

She got her mother's Reese's and got her some watermelon candies and a watermelon Arizona.

Making her way to the register, she asked for a pack of cigarettes.

Ricky knew that they were for her mom so he didn't question it.

He bagged her stuff up and told her the total.

Giving him exactly 7.49, she grabs the bags and shoots a little "see you later."

<>
𝖭𝖾𝗑𝗍 𝖽𝖺𝗒 (𝟧:𝟣𝟤 𝖯.𝖬.)

Sa'Kari just got done doing her hygiene and she is now putting on her clothes.

She's wearing black biker shorts, a black tank top, a black and red windbreaker, and some black and red Jordan 1s.

Her hair is in a top knot bun with her edges done.

She headed out the door, putting her headphones in.

Feels like we're on the edge right now
I wish that I could say I'm proud
I'm sorry that I let you down
I let you down
All these voices in my head get loud
I wish that I could shut them out
I'm sorry that I let you down
Let you down

"Yeah, I guess I'm a disappointment, Doing everything I can, I don't wanna make you disappointed. It's annoying, I just wanna make you feel like everything I ever did." She started her walk.

Was never tryna make an issue for you, But, I guess the more you thought about everything. You were never even wrong in the first place, right?" She rapped walking to the club.

"Yeah, I'ma just ignore you, walking towards you, With my head down, lookin at the ground I'm embarrassed for you. Paranoia, what did I do wrong this time?"

"That's parents for you. Very loyal? Shoulda had my back but you put a knife in it. My hands are full, what else should I carry for you? I cared for you, but."

"Feels like I'm on the edge right now."

££

Sa'Kari made it to the club and walked in.

She walked up to Sa'Kani but Sa'Kani wasn't paying attention.

"Sa'Kani."

She looked up and seen Sa'Kari.

"Yea, wassup?"

"Where do I... you know.."

"Ohh.. go to Straps office for the details."

"Okay." Sa'Kari made her way to Straps office and knocked on the door.

"COME IN." A deep voice yelled.

She walked in the room and closed the door.

"How do I do this?" She asked him.

"Well first off.. what do you have on?" He laughed.

"What do you mean?" She tilted her head at the brown skinned dude.

"You're supposed to dress.. sexy.. not like a dude." He said, although she looked attractive to him, she might not look like that to the people she's serving.

"Well.. you not getting me in anything else so.. how do I do this?"

"Is it hard to put on a dress?" He looked amused.

"Yes.. yes it is." She slowly nodded her head.

"Get that right there and go serve people. If I hear that they didn't like what you was wearing you're fired. Understand?" He looked her in the eyes.

"Understood." She grabbed the tray thingy and walked out the office.

"Hi, what can I get for y'all today." She walked over to a bunch of men with a smile.

"How about your number ma?" One winked at her.

He wasn't ugly it's just something about him that screams toxic.

Another one smacked him in the back of his head.

"Henny and Vodka.. with ice."

"Okay coming right up."

<>
𝟪 𝗁𝗈𝗎𝗋𝗌 𝗅𝖺𝗍𝖾𝗋

Sa'Kari got home like 45 minutes ago and she's now opening her bag to count the tips she made today.

The job was easy.. she loved people. She wanted to be a therapist one day but she had to get the money first.

She got her bag open and counted the tips.

"A thousand nine hundred and ninety-nine." She then counted all the way to 2,301.

She put her money in her shoebox that's on her closet behind a bunch of clothes.

She watched tv until she went to sleep.