{1.}

Her headphones were in.

Though she didn't need them, since even on silence she could hear the audio, they were a necessity for comfort. Well, technically everything she did was for comfort and the Cullen family just didn't understand it. But they ignored it and let slide as 'past trauma and anger'. But what they have failed to realize is that all GenZ's are just a different breed.

"Valerie. Shut up." Edward expressed his frustration in a whisper knowing damn well she could hear him.

"I'm not talking." The girl replied making Emmet and Jasper smirk while they re-watched the game between the Patriots and the Rams. Unlike Bella who slowly became part of the family, Valerie just showed up. Literally. While most of the Cullens accepted the girl,  Edward and Jasper were the ones that were irritated the most due to the mind reading and pathokineses. Mostly Edward though.

"You know what I'm talking about." He responded too quickly that it looked like his mouth didn't even move.  Renegade, renegade. "I said stop."

Renegade. oh. Ah, ah. The girl continued scrolling through the app she enjoyed so much when she was still human and to this day. Again, it was comfort. Renegade. Renegade.

"Dude, this is your fault. You know she hates it when you read her mind." Emmet defended the girl after having watch Edward get more frustrated by the second.

"You know I can't help it." He responded in which had Valerie quickly vamp into the kitchen and back with some tinfoil, chucking it at him. Mentally telling him to wrap it around his head, since that had always been referenced in movies.

"Or. Maybe you can go back to your own house." Valerie responded carelessly as she sat back in the couch and continued scrolling through the app she was on.

At this point, Emmet was hugging the girl and Jasper was attempting to emotionally calm Edward down in which resulted in him pushing Jaspers head away from him as he got up off the couch to take off to who knows where. "You really pissed him off and are now my favorite person." Emmet laughed still hugging the girl who couldn't get any stiffer than she already was.

"Please don't hug me." She held an expression less face that made Emmet hug tighter, though the girl didn't even feel it at all. "I said get off." Valerie quickly shoved him off with the new born strength she has. When she saw that he was just going to stay on the floor staring up at her, she stood up and headed on over to the room that now belonged to her, which was Edwards a one point. Even though he said he didn't care, she knew he did. He was salty and she just loved rubbing it in when she had the chance. Which was pretty much always.

"Valerie." Jasper's accent ran through the house. "Come on, darlin. Don't be upset, Emmet was just messing with you."

"Leave me alone." The girl raised her voice and slammed her bedroom door.

"Valerie." Esme's voice ran to the teenagers room from god knows where.

"Sorry." The girl quickly responded forgetting that she was now a vampire with strength. Not to mention she's already broken about seven doors since she first arrived and Esme wasn't too happy about it after the first three times.

She found her room to be beautiful and small. A lot smaller than her bedroom back in Pennsylvania. Also, a lot less home-like. There was no passion and spirit. It was a dead room that no matter how she decorated, it didn't compare to the liveliness her old bedroom held. Sweet Esme, who has tons of free time managed to renovate. Taking down all of Edwards music and replacing the shelves with black shiplap and adding some dark stained floating shelves for cameras. Old ones. New ones. Vintage ones. It was all set up to Valeries liking...or at least was because although Valerie loved taking pictures she doesn't bother with it anymore. Her least favorite thing, but also her favorite, the bed.  Vampires don't sleep. Oh how angry she got when she was told this, but never the less the girl asked for a small one and it was a good thing to because every time she grew angry, she'd go and hide under the covers.

"Valerie?" There was a knock on the door. "Val, I'm sorry. I know you don't like to get hugged. Please forgive me. It's just a habit I've always had and never seemed to let go." Emmet's needy voice annoyed her, but then suddenly it didn't. The teenager got up off the bed and went to open her door.

"I know and I thank you for the apology." She faked a smile in which quickly disappeared when she glanced at Jasper who was behind Emmet. "Carlisle, can you please tell Jasper to stop trying to control my depression and let me be depressed." She shouted before she slammed the door in his face, once again breaking it.