•The streets•

Walking down the streets of New York I don't really feel scared. I've never really felt scared in New York. Until today.

I look at all the holiday lights up around the city. It's so beautiful. And even prettier at night. Many people taking pictures with the Santa's walking around, Christmas music playing. I felt at peace. Time flew by and I spent more time than I though I would in Sephora. It was actually getting late. I had never spent this much time by myself. I started to walk back to my apartment.

When I notice the man behind me had been following me for the past 10 minutes. I tried to walk fast but then he just kept walking fast. He came up behind me and grabbed my waist. Shivers went down my spine.

"What's under that jacket sweet heart?" The man whispered in my ear. He smelled of alcohol and weed.

"Nothing, I'm really late I have to go now." I stared to run faster down the street.

"HEY GET BACK HERE" he yelled.

My vision was starting to get blurry. My heart was beating a million times a minute. Was this it? Was I gonna die?

I turn around to see if he we was still there. Suddenly he was right behind me and pushed me to the ground. My face hits the concrete, my knees bleeding through my now ripped leggings. He pinned me down, slapped me and took my bags. He ran back into the alley way. I lay there looking up into the sky with the faint sound of jingle bells playing through the city. Tears well up in my eyes. My whole body hurts.

I hear a muffled man talking in the distance. But this didn't sound like the same man. He sounded concerned. He comes over to me and lifts my head off the ground. I open my eyes and see him. It was John. I froze. I've been dreaming of this moment my whole life. I would be screaming and jumping for joy right now if my body didn't hurt so bad. He is my biggest celebrity crush. Of course you hope to meet your celebrity crush one day. But not like this.

I reach down to my thigh and pinch my self. I wasn't dreaming.

"Hey are you ok?" He said. I could hear the worry in his voice. It was shaky.

"I-." I started crying. I had so many emotions going through me I didn't know what to say. He held me in his arms and whispered in my ear, " It ok, your safe now."

I cried into his winter coat. He rubs my back to calm me down. "Deep breaths." He says. I lift my head up to look at him. His cheeks red from the cold. His eyelashes bat in the moon light. His blue eyes put me in a trance. I manage to get out two words.

"Thank you."

He smiles. "Your knees look pretty banged up. Do you want me to take you some wear to get cleaned up?"

John was asking to take me somewhere. Just us. I felt like a princess being saved by a prince.

I nodded.

"I don't live to far from this street. I have a first aid kit. It's no hospital grade supplies, but I'm afraid they wouldn't do much for you there." He chuckles.

I smile. I try to get up but my body's so weak.

"Wait let me help you."

He puts his arms around me to help me up. We hobble to John Mulaney apartment.