•Things are looking up•

We make it back to Johns apartment around 6 Alcock.

Petunia greeting us at the door. She circles around my legs and rubs up against my feet. She burrows between my legs and lays down.

"Wow, she's never done that before." John says looking down at petunia.

I bend down and pet her.

"Hi sweetie!" I rub her ears and belly.

"Well I'm going to get the popcorn started and we can find something to watch."

"Ok cool, I'm going to go get changed into comfier clothes." I say walking into the bathroom to change.

I change into my clothes still living in this fairy tale. But. What will I do in the morning? I still have no where to stay. And I'm pretty sure Ellie still hates me. And I haven't been to my job in 2 days now so I'm probably fired. I just don't want to face my fears and call so my boss so he can yell at me through the phone.

I walk out to see John on the couch holding a bowl of popcorn and our candies and sitting on the table.

He pats the seat next to him for me to join.

"I put a little extra butter because I always like extra butter on my popcorn." John say bringing a handful of popcorn to his mouth.

"Great minds think alike." I wink at him and grab a piece of popcorn.

He turned and looked at the frown on my face. He knew I was was upset.

"Hey everything ok?" He says sitting up setting the bowl of popcorn on the table.

"It's just." I sigh. "I'm just worried about what Im gonna do. What am I going to to tomorrow? I have no job anymore and Ellie....I just wish she would text me."

Just then my phone lights up on the table.

John looks at me and raises one eyebrow.

I pick up my phone and open the notification.
I turn my phone to John showing that the text was from Ellie.

"Dang! That was quick." John says widening his eyes.

I start to text Ellie back.

"Hey I'm gonna go pee and get us a blanket while you try to fix this." He smiles and kisses my forehead.

I laugh at him, but it was nervous laughter.
I really didn't want to mess this up.

Oh my gosh! I squeal in excitement

John comes back out of his room with a blanket.

"What? What is it? What happened?!" He says running to the couch to look at my phone.
He leans over reading the text messages.

"That's so great. I knew you could do it." He hugs me.

I felt like so much weight was being lifted off my shoulders. Ellie was my world and I had to get her back.

"Ok now we can watch out movie." John grabs the remote and starts scrolling through Netflix.

He scrolls through and passes his special New in Town.

I jump up and run to the t.v.

"Look it you! It's you!" I point to John on the t.v screen in his light grey suite that looked a little big on him.

John try's to hide under the blanket.

"What?!! Are you embarrassed?? You shouldn't be your so funny! Your home alone bit is hilarious!" I take the blanket off his head.

He cocks his head at me.

"You so cute when you get so excited about me."

I blush and roll my eyes.

I lay my head on his lap while he plays with my hair. I couldn't stop smiling.

John still browses through Netflix looking for something to watch.

Petunia waddles up to the edge of the couch trying to jump up with me and John. She hops up and snuggles with the both of us. I turn my head up to look at John. He leans to my face to kiss me. I snuggle towards his chest. Yawning.

"Hey are you getting tired? Because we can save a movie for another night if you want."

"Would you hate me?"

John laughs. "What? Of course not! He stands up and scoops me off of the couch into his arms.

"Woah!" John had startled me.

He takes me to his bed and tucks me in.

"John I'm not 4!"

He gets in the other side of the bed and gets under the covers.

"Your the best thing that's ever happened to me John."

I hug him and we snuggle in Johns bed together.

"Mmmm you smell so good." I say quietly under my breath.

He smiles and rubs my back.

I kiss his neck and we both drift off to sleep.

I turn over to my other shoulder in the middle of my sleep.

"I love you." I hear John say.

He thought I wasn't listening.

With my eyes still closed I say "I love you too."