•I love you•

I had never seen John so Angry.

Well I have never seen John angry period.

That night I slept in my car. I cried all night. When I woke up my eyes were puffy from all the tears.

I had no one.
I was alone.

When I woke up I went to the article and read it.

"Ellie Marshal tells Cosmopolitan that her friend y/n l/n and John Mulaney are having a winter fling. The young girl is only 19 years old. She has been staying at Mulaneys apartment for a few days now. Apparently they are trying to keep there relationship a secret."

I could feel myself fuming with anger. I just wanted to scream at Ellie. How could she do this to me. I trusted her. Now no one trusts me.

I felt scared. John said he would protect me. And I ruined our relationship.

I couldn't be with anyone else after John.
I missed his arms around me.

I keep checking my phone for news and updates about John.

"JOHN MULANEY CONFIRMED TO BE AT COMEDY NIGHT AT THE BLUE WING DINING HALL"

I think to my self for a second.

John didn't want to see me. But I had to see him. I had to go to that comedy night and patch things. I wasn't sure how I was supposed to get in, but I would find a way. 

I do research on the venue and see that this event was going to be very formal.

I spent my day shopping for a dress and mentally preparing to see John.
What was I going to say?

Was I going to mess everything up? God my mind had 10 thousand thoughts in it.

Before I knew it, it was time to head to the dining hall.

This all felt like it was happening so fast. I was crazy. This is not me.

The things you do for love.

I was dressed in a royal blue, sweetheart neckline dress. My hair was down and had a sparkling clip in it.

There was all kinds of people standing to get into the building. The lights from Times Square lit up every inch of New York. Everyone looked amazing. I saw so many celebrities and comedians there.

But I needed to find a way to sneak in.

I look around to find some sort of back door or fence I can jump over.

I found none that would work.

I hear a laugh that sounds familiar. I turn behind me to see Bill looking at his phone laughing his ass off.

He was dressed quite nicely in a black tux with a bow tie.

I run over to him in my white high heels.

"Hey bill..."

He looks up from his phone and knits his eyebrows together.

"Y/n? What are you doing here?"

"I have to see John. We got into a huge fight and-"

"Say no more." Bill grabs my hand and walks me inside the building.

I was so nervous. The venue was beautiful. Everyone inside was chatting, there was a huge chandelier in the center on the ceiling.

"I have to leave you now, but John should be around here somewhere."

He kisses my cheek "Good luck."

I walk around the dining hall like a lost puppy looking for it's owner.

The night was getting closer and I still couldn't find John.

I sat in a chair near the appetizers sadly eating pigs in a blanket.

I watch a few comedy acts and listen to the light jazz play through the speakers.

I look up and see a man walk over to me, he pulls me out of my chair. My heart starts to beat faster.

"Hey I couldn't let a pretty girl like you sit alone."

He grabs my waist and pulls me closer.

"No really I'm fine." I stare into his eyes. He scared me. I have been scared like this before. He seemed a little to familiar.

He runs his hands down to my lower back. I try to pull away but he just grabs me tighter.

He whispers in my ear "I've been looking for you."

That's it. He's the guy that's been following me. How did he know I would be here? What the hell? My mind was being blown I had no idea what was going on. I started to get lightheaded and my breathing started to get heavy and fast.

"I-I don't understand why do you keep following me?"

He puts his hands around my neck. "Because your perfect.

I hear someone walking towards me. I try to turn to see who it was but the man wouldn't let me move my head.

"Let go of her." I heard Johns voice.

"Who are you?!" He let's go of me and pushes John.

A crowd starts to form as tears start to form in my eyes.

"You need to stay away from her." John steps in front of me pushing me away from the creep.

"Yeah and what are you gonna do about it." The man pushes John back. John charges toward him but the man dodges. The man comes over to me and slaps me right across the face. I fell to the ground in tears covering my eyes.

I feel Bill pull me back, away from all the commotion. People stood in front of me and I couldn't see John anymore. I heard the boys start to fight. I covered my ears and cried into Bills arms as he took my out of the building for my safety.

We stood in the snow waiting for someone to come out and tell us what had happened. Was John alright?!

"I'm so scared Bill." My lip puckered and my makeup was ruined.

Just then police pull up to the building running in. Everyone evacuates the building running scared for there life.

A few minutes later I see the police come out with the man in handcuffs I see him stuffed into a cop car.

I was shaking from the cold and from my worry about John. I hope he was ok.

I try to run back into the building but Bill pulls me back.

"You can't go in there! You have to wait till the police say it's safe."

"But I have to make sure Johns ok! I love him Bill! I love him! I love him so God damn much I can't live with out him! I just can't! And I don't care if the whole world knows I LOVE JOHN MULANEY AND I DONT CARE WHO KNOWS IT! I love him."

Bill turn's me around.

I see John. His face bleeding, his suite was ripped.

He was crying.

I run to him as fast as I could.

We both fall to the ground in each other's arms. We cry like we didn't care who was watching.

"I love you." John puts his thumb on my chin.

"I love you too."

We press our lips together and he pushes the hair out my face.

"Your bleeding." I frown while looking at the cut on his face.

"I told you, I'll do anything to protect you."