7th Thing's 7th

The four of us walk straight through the front door, the boys with one thing on their minds: revenge. As for me, I don't know what to feel. I'm hurt, of course, but there's something else there. 

Bobby betrayed all of us. Blood or not, we were his family, but at the same time, I'm not sure if I want to return that pain. I want him to pay for what he did, yes, but I'm not entirely sure this is the way to do it.

Luke instantly heads toward Bobby's framed guitar, though it isn't the same red one he played with before we died. 

Everything is modern, twenty-five years modern, and everything is either glass or black leather. And the ceiling... Does he house Godzilla in here or something? Why would anyone need this high of a roof?

"Bobby's house is ridiculous," Alex gushes, peeking around the stairs at the endless wall of awards while Reggie slouches beside me in the kitchen. "Have you seen these platinum records?"

"Platinum?" Reggie squeaks, and my ears perk up. I want a platinum record...

"He recorded 'My Name Is Luke!' My name is Luke!" Luke whines from across the living room, pointing to himself and looking like a lost puppy, and my heart drops. 

Bobby really did steal from all of us. All he cared about was the fame and fortune, not the fact that his band literally died.

Speak of the Devil.

In comes Bobby dressed in all black, thinking he's so cool that he wears sunglasses inside his own house. The four of us glare and surround him as he pauses at the stairs.

"Hey Carrie! I'm gonna meditate."

Bobby turns around and hops up the stairs, leaving me slouched against Reggie and Alex and Luke beyond angry at just the sight of his old, substitute teacher face.

A sudden burst of anger splurges inside me and I jump at him. "Meditate on this, thief!" Reggie panics and catches me mid-flight, wrapping his arms around me from behind and keeping me still against him. "Lemme go!"

"So you can run right through him? Yeah, sure. That's always a good plan." Reggie peers up at his receding figure, disgusted. "I can't stand him."

"Then let me go!" I practically growl, the fire in my eyes glowing brighter. Reggie glances at the guys and shrugs, retracting his arms, and I go racing up the stairs like a wild dog.

"Time for his past to haunt him," Luke says through gritted teeth and starts pounding up the stairs behind me.

"Wait!" Alex shouts, and the three of us stop in our tracks. "Let's not rush this. You know, it's my first time haunting someone. I wanna make it special." 

We glance and each other awkwardly and shrug, rushing up the last couple stairs and completely ignoring Alex.

The boys and I follow Bobby into a naturally lit room filled with bright-colored furniture, incense, and candles. Bobby climbs onto an island seat and begins meditating, leaving dozens of devious ideas swarming around our heads.

Luke sneaks toward Bobby and licks his finger before shoving it into his ear like he did on our last night at the Orpheum. Alex blows out all three of the candles across from him, struggling slightly with the last one, and I laugh.

Meanwhile, Reggie and I try to figure out how his music box works, and I press a bunch of random buttons. Eventually, rock music fills the room, the same song that Luke played for Julie earlier, and I grin, satisfied and beyond proud of myself for successfully using any piece of modern technology.

Bobby glances around warily before getting up and turning it off, but the joke's on him. I know how it works now! I press the same button, the music playing again right where it left off.