Chapter 8 Heart Ache

Alexis didn't move. Her heart ached with pain as she watched Jaden walk away from her. It took all that she had to not let her tears fall as the familiar pained memories played repeat in her mind.

"Jay..." she whispered.

"Please...Tell me, How can I save you?".

Jaden fled back into the woods. He didn't want to head back to the tent just yet. Yubel should have been asleep by now and no one other than he and his friends knew of their sleeping arrangements.
Not to mention he was beginning to turn into a sour mood.

He picked a random tree near camp leaning his back agianst it and shutting his eyes closed letting the weight of his problems release it's self from his body to beat it for a change and be rid of his anger.

Yeah he was mad, so what?.
It was this God damn worlds fault and even though he tried not to. He could help but feel boiling in anger at Alexis.

He tried to keep his distance from her but this stupid feeling of love kept over powering him. Causing him to act stupid and ending up crawling back to her.

Falling into her webbed trap of love once agian...

Alexis.... why couldn't the two of them just move on and forget about the past?.

He thought for sure he did after a week or two after leaving the academy. But no...the moment he saw her he knew he was doomed.

That stupid baby brat with angel like wings equipped with a bow and arrow had stabbed him in the back and made him turn back into the foolish idiot he was back then.

And by god he hated it.

The sound of a tree branch snapping into two snapped him back to reality.

He pushed himself off of the tree, spinning round with his eyes darting in all directions trying to spot the culprit.

But he couldn't see nor hear them anymore.

Frawning he stayed a few minutes longer listening for anymore strange sounds that may occur.

But other than the wind whisitng there was nothing.

Cautiously he retreated back to the tent. Relieved to find Yubel curled up fast asleep with a peaceful expression stained on his face.

Thank goodness for that.

Soon Jaden was able to join him in the land of sleep. Having for the first time in a long time, a well deserved rest that he needed.

Somewhere hidden within the shadow realm...

Somewhere hidden deep within the shadow realm stood tall and proud on a stony crumpled land was a tall black tower.

A young man with spiky blue hair sat slumped in an old black throne chair while he flicked through a deck of dueling cardsm grinning away to himself when he came across a strong looking monster