6 - Carpooling

Your first month at the BAU passed quite quickly. The constant traveling was absolutely draining, but knowing you were saving lives as you worked helped keep you motivated. Spencer and you had fallen into an awkward rhythm. You'd gotten a car, so every morning the two of you drove into work together, and back every night. For convenience only. It was quite obvious to you, and to the rest of the team, that Spencer had no desire to sit in the car with you twice a day. The drives were filled with awkward silence, an occasional fact left Spencer's lips as you passed a specific type of tree or if a certain billboard displayed something that Spencer was interested in, but he mostly ignored your existence. The women of the BAU had taken you under their wing, and you were currently getting ready for a night out with the team. After all, it was your first night off in a while, and Garcia insisted on taking everyone out on the town.

Your closet was void of clubbing clothes, and you knew Garcia would be so disappointed in you if you arrived in your work clothes. Digging into the depths of your closet, you finally found a small black dress, definitely a size too small, but Garcia would appreciate the effort. Pulling it over your head, the tight fabric clung to your breasts and your hips, accentuating your curves. The dress fell to the middle of your thigh, and you pulled a pair of fishnets on. Makeup was a weak spot for you, but you were able to apply a subtly smokey eye, pairing it with a dark red lip. When you were finished, you pulled your boots on and stepped out of your apartment, running right into Spencer.

"Hey!" You said, trying to sound nice, "Do you want a ride to the bar?"

"Erm, yeah." Spencer stuttered, raking his eyes over your body. "You look, different."

You shrugged, feeling a little self-conscious under his gaze. "Yeah, Garcia made it clear I need to 'hoe it up' for tonight's outing."

"Well, you definitely did that." As soon as he spoke, he realized what he'd said, and clamped his hand over his mouth.

"Did you seriously just say that?" You said, shocked. "What the fuck is the matter with you?"

"Y/N, I'm sorry, that was supposed to be a joke but it didn't really come out right." Spencer was blushing profusely, and you spun on your heel and stalked away from him. "Y/N," he called, catching your arm as you stomped way.

"Let go of me!" You hissed, yanking your arm away. "Look I get it, you hate me, but that doesn't mean you have the right to be a straight-up dick." You left him standing on the porch of the building as you walked towards the parking lot on the side of the building. Spencer walked behind, calling after you.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean it like that."

"Then how did you mean it, Spencer? How I dress is really none of your business." You yanked open the car door and sat inside. Before you had the chance to lock the doors, Spencer was climbing into your passenger seat.

"I know, I meant it as a joke but it came out wrong, I'm sorry."

You glared at him from the driver's side. "Get the fuck out of my car. You can uber for all I care."

Spencer crossed his arms. "No."

"No? "

Spencer shrugged. "I'm not getting out, so you should just forgive me now."

"Too bad, I don't accept your apology." You started the car. "I'm telling you now, I can't promise that I won't push you out at the next stoplight."

Spencer grinned, glancing over at you. "I'd like to see you try."

You rolled your eyes at him as you threw the car in reverse. Typing the address of the bar into your GPS, you pulled out of the lot and started the journey. Spencer battled the little voice coming from your phone the whole time, giving his directions a minute before Siri.