30 - Family Dinner

"And you're absolutely sure we've got to go?" Spencer said, looking up at you from his spot on the couch. 

You rolled your eyes. "Yes, Spencer, we're going."

"They're gonna be all weird, you know that. They were weird all day today." 

"They're just excited, you know that. Especially for you. They've known you for way longer, and from what I've heard, you've been single for most of it."

He frowned. "I wasn't single for all of it," he grumbled. 

You laughed and sat next to him. "We're gonna be late."

He smiled. "Good."

You kissed him and stood up, pulling him to his feet. He followed you out to the car, pouting all the way. 

"Knock it off, Spencer," you said. "It's gonna be fun. Rossi's parties always are."

"You're right," he said, climbing into the passenger seat. "You're right." 

"Of course I am," you said as you started the car. 

The drive was quick and quiet, and soon you were parking your car in Rossi's driveway. Spencer took your hand as you walked to the porch and squeezed it once before knocking on the door. 

"Come on in!" A voice called. 

You pushed the door open and walked inside, pulling Spencer along with you until you arrived in the kitchen. 

"Hey everyone," you said cheerfully.

Rossi waved you into the room, but refused to stop talking, for he was explaining to JJ, Will, and Prentiss the best way to prepare whatever he was making for dinner. Spencer left your side then to talk to Morgan and Garcia, leaving you to turn to your boss.

"Where's Haley?" You asked.

"She couldn't make it," he said, offering no further explanation.

You could tell he didn't want to talk about it, so you decided not to press the matter. You walked around the island and opened the fridge, pulling out sodas for both you and Spencer. As you handed it to him, he slyly slid his hand around your waist and pulled you closer, earning an eye raise from Morgan. 

"Hey, Spencer, can I talk to you for a moment?" He asked, pointing behind him. "It'll be quick." 

Spencer shot you a look, and you shrugged, so Spencer followed Morgan down towards Rossi's office. 

While they were gone, Rossi called you all to the dining room. You walked in with the rest of your friends. When Morgan and Spencer entered the room, Morgan took the seat next to you, earning a scolding from Garcia.  She forced him out of his seat and kindly gave it to Spencer, who patted your leg as he sat. 

"What was that about?" You whispered.

Spencer cringed. "He tricked me."

"What are you talking about?"

He lifted his arm from his lap, and pulled the loose fabric of his sweatshirt back, revealing a very graphic image drawn in sharpie on his cast.

"Oh my, Spencer," you cackled. "There's a dick on your cast."

He shushed you quickly."You think I don't know that?" He whispered. "Don't say anything, Hotch warned me too, but I didn't think about it."

You giggled. "That's gonna be there for a while."

"I know it is," he frowned. 

You swallowed your laughter and turned back to the rest of the team. Rossi explained in detail the pasta dish in which you were all eating, not letting anyone eat until he was done with his tangent. Finally, he quieted down, and you all started your meal.