9 - Sweet Dreams

"Can I get up now?" you whisper to Spencer. The credits of the movie you watched were rolling, and you were still wrapped awkwardly in his arms. Spencer nodded and you quickly pushed yourself off of the couch and into the bathroom. Gripping the sides of the counter, you looked into the mirror. 

I really just spent one hour, fifty-eight minutes, and forty-three seconds cuddling with Spencer Reid. 

To be fair, it was all apart of the act, but you still felt odd. Your brain was still riddled with anxiety, knowing the unsub could be right outside. But, as messed up as it was, it did make you feel a little better to know that Spencer was right here with you, and if you were going down, he was coming with you. Smiling wryly to yourself, you turned on the faucet and splashed the cool water on to your cheeks. It helped a little but didn't grant you the calming you needed, so you turned to the shower and turned it on. You stripped out of your work clothes, leaving them in a neat pile on the toilet lid. Stepping into the shower, the cold stream shocked you and you quickly reached down and messed with the knobs, settling on a warmer temperature. Thank God Prentiss had been one of the agents in charge of preparing the apartment, or you'd be stuck with Spencer's shitty three-in-one combo. Using the lavender shampoo she'd left for you, you tried to wash the feeling of dread away. It didn't help that one minute into your shower, Spencer was pounding on the door.

"Y/N?" He called, voice muffled by the door. "Are you almost done? I have to pee." 

"I just got in," you responded. "You're gonna have to hold it for a minute." 

"I can't!" he complained. "I'm literally going to pee myself." 

You gritted your teeth. "I'll be one minute, you big baby." 

"I can't take it, is the shower curtain closed?" 

"Spencer, I swear to God, you better not." But, as you spoke, Spencer threw open the bathroom door and stepped into the room. Granted, you couldn't see him and he couldn't see you, but still.

"Get out!" You yelled as you heard him lift the lid to the toilet. "Spencer, get the fuck out!" 

"Relax," he said. "I'll be one second."

"Gross." You complained as you listened to Spencer relieve himself. You clamped your hands over your ears, feeling again, like a little kid, but Spencer really did bring out the absolute worst in you. "You have no boundaries."

"We're both adults," he said in a condescending tone. 

You scoffed. "Yeah, we're both adults, so you can hold it for two minutes while I shower, instead of busting down the door like a maniac." 

"I'm leaving, I'm leaving." He said, flushing the toilet. The water went ice cold, and you yelped in shock. "Oops, sorry 'bout that." He said, with obvious amusement lacing his tone. "See you later." 

"Yeah, fuck you." You whispered to yourself as he left the room. You finished using the various products Prentiss had left for you, wishing so badly she were here right now. Wishing that anyone was here right now. You needed someone to save you from Spencer, before you ended up killing him yourself. Stepping out of the shower, you grabbed the fluffy white towel off of the shelf, frowning at the pile of your clothes on the floor. 

This man really has no respect. 

You wrapped the towel around you and grabbed your clothes, peeking out into the hallway. The coast was clear. You stepped into the bedroom on the left and dug through the clothes left in one drawer of the dresser. The pajamas you'd packed had been left here by the team, and you pulled the cotton tanktop and flannel pajama pants on, before slipping on your fuzzy socks. As you dressed, you could hear Spencer start the shower, and you relished the idea of having a few more seconds without him. You walked through the apartment and into the kitchen, grabbing a mug from the shelf and making yourself some hot cocoa. Without Spencer around, there was no one to judge your movie choices. You started up Netflix and picked (in your opinion) the best movie of all time, Jennifer's Body. Settling on the couch, you started watching your comfort movie, dreading the moment Spencer finished his shower and came to kill your mood. The intro music started playing, and you watched as your favorite characters emerged on screen. Sipping your hot cocoa, you noticed the sound of the shower turning off, and Spencer walking down the hall and into the bedroom. Exactly like you thought, the minute Spencer stepped back into the living room, he was complaining.