14 - Narcotic's Anonymous

*TW: extreme drug usage*

"Spencer!" You stood at his door and knocked again. "Spencerrrr."

The door was yanked open. "What?" Spencer groaned, rubbing his eyes.

"Did I wake you up?"

"Yeah, it's early."

You rolled your eyes. "It's already twelve, come on, we've got plans." You pushed inside his apartment and sat on the couch. "Go get dressed."

Spencer grumbled a string of obscenities under his breath as he stomped to his bedroom. "You're not my mom." You heard him say while he was leaving the room.

"And I'm glad I'm not," you called after him.

"Where are we even going?" He asked from his bedroom, you could hear him rummaging through drawers.

"I'm taking you to a NA meeting," you said, bracing yourself for the worst.

Spencer stepped back into the living room, dressed in a striped sweater and khakis, the Spencer Reid usual. "An NA meeting?"

"Yep, Narcotics Anonymous, you know..."

"I know what it is."

"Okay, well, that's where we're going." You couldn't quite decipher Spencer's expression. It wasn't angry, but it definitely wasn't happy either. "Are you upset?" You asked quietly.

"A little," he confessed.

"Don't be." You said simply. "This is gonna be good for you, I can feel it."

Spencer sat next to you and pulled his converse on. "So, you think we're best friends now?"

"Haha. Nope," you said dryly. "As much as you might wish it, I'm still not your biggest fan."

He laughed as the two of you got up to leave. "You know you love me."

You shook your head, leading him out of the apartment and down to the car. "In your dreams, Spencer Reid."

You climbed into your Prius and started the engine, lifting your foot off of the break as Spencer reached for the handle. The car lurched backward.

"Not funny!" He called through the closed window.

"What? I can't hear you." You laughed as he stepped towards the door and you reversed again.

"You better stop it." He said, growing angrier. This time, you stayed put, letting him climb into the car.

"Sorry bout that, it seems like I have to take my car to the shop." You faked a concerned expression.

"You're not funny." He said

"I think I'm a little funny."

You pulled out your phone and started the GPS. Today's meeting was in the basement of a local church, the last place you wanted to spend your Saturday morning, but anything to get Spencer the help he needs. The drive was quiet, not as awkward or tense as usual, but still quiet. You pulled into the packed parking lot of the church. Spencer noticed the number of cars and started to panic.

"I don't think I can do this," he said, looking frantically around the lot. "What if we know someone here?"

"Spencer," you said, bringing his attention back to you. "It's called Narcotic's Anonymous for a reason. There's the slightest chance we know someone in there, but even if there is, they won't tell anyone they saw you here. The point of the program is for people to have a safe space to talk about this kind of thing. You should know, they barely talk to us most of the time." He nodded his head but didn't look convinced. "I'll be right out here if you need me-"