one.

EMERALD

I found an empty seat at the edge of the table in the long, wooden Slytherin table. Everyone was busy chattering and so I took the chance to look around the hall. For some reason, Hogwarts is similar to Ilvermorny, just less edgy and more renaissance themed. As I looked around, I spotted Ron and his two friends over at the Gryffindor table. I noticed that one had a scar on his forehead and that's when I realized, he's the Harry Potter, the boy who lived. The girl with brown locks was looking at me with confusion and when I caught her eye, she smiled awkwardly and I mirror her expression. Suddenly, Ron's eyes widen and I turned my head back to see why. A ghost was hovering behind me.

"I've never seen you here." The ghost said.

Ghosts also existed in Ilvermorny and if you were lucky enough, you might see the ghost of Isolt Sayre, the founder of the school and not to brag, I've seen her a few times. People say that she chooses who she reveals herself too, with a reason behind it. Why she chose to reveal herself to me was never explained. I left the school without figuring that out.

"I'm new," I replied, "Emerald Edwards, sir."

"Ah, an Edwards. Bloody Baron. You're American, I presume?"

I nodded, not realizing that the whole table was looking at me.

"Well, see you around, Edwards." And Bloody Baron floated away.

A guy slid down the chair, bumping onto me, "You're literally the first person to engage a conversation with Bloody Baron." He said with a smile. He had a fine smile, showing all his pearly whites, dark skin, brown eyes and dark brown hair.

I looked at him blankly with an eyebrow raised.

"Blaise Zabini."

I hummed, "Emerald Edwards."

"Aren't your parents actors?"

"Yeah."

"Tell your parents I really like their last movie together."

They actually never did a movie together but I decided to not be rude, "Uh, yeah sure."

At least I have one more person that I can talk to.

"You play quidditch?" He continued, questions pooling his brown orbs.

"Yeah, Chaser."

"Same here! You should join the team, get rid of Graham Montague, he sucks." He smirked.

"I'll see." I replied just in time before a man with all black attire and shoulder length hair approached me.

"Edwards, welcome to Hogwarts. I'm Severus Snape, head of Slytherin. I expect you to follow the rules." He said before leaving me to continue to eat my dinner with Blaise beside me. I stood up the moment I finished, heading towards the big doors, following the other students, not knowing what the students here usually do. Back in Ilvermorny, we were free to do anything, go anywhere (except the restricted areas) until ten thirty, where we should be back in our dorms.

"Going somewhere?" Someone asked from behind.

I gave out a tired sigh, knowing that it was Draco.

"Why do you care?" I asked, crossing my arms as he walked towards me.

"Well, I am the only person you know around here and I'm head Prefect." He replied as his hair went through his platinum blonde hair, dishevelling it more.

I laughed, "You're head prefect?"

"Yeah. What's there to laugh about?"

"Nothing. Where's your bodyguards? Crabbe and Goyle?"