thirtyfive.

ONE YEAR LATER

Time flew quickly and by no time, I was living life, having my dream job. Training took out a lot in me, starting with time and energy. It really pushed me to be at my best all the time, especially when we were preparing for the scouting Quidditch World Cup. Everyone in the team was friendly, they didn't treat me differently for being an ex Death Eater. I guess the fact that the Felicity Higgs wanted me to replace her helped a bit. Being on the team meant that I would need to stay in Falmouth half of the week. I continued my stay at Malfoy manor too. I was worried for my relationship with Draco, as we were so used to seeing each other everyday, but he made it easy. He made a part-time long distance relationship easy.

Scouting for the team of England came pretty quickly and I got a spot as Chaser. I was honestly shocked. I always felt like I'm the underling of Falmouth Falcons and Draco hates it when I say that, being scouted for England just proved me wrong. I thought training for the Falcons was tough, but training for the world cup was something else. It was intense, but fun. Draco would come to training sometimes last year, if he wasn't too immersed in his alchemy hobby at the manor. He took a gap year after graduating from Hogwarts and started working in the Department of Mysteries in the Ministry of Magic since the start of the year, though everyone know that he has enough money to not work for his whole life and generations after. He made sure to come to every match in the Quidditch World Cup when England was playing, along with Blaise and Goyle. Surprisingly, the Weasleys, Hermione and Harry would come and support England at times, though they were just there for the fun.

"Edwards! You're up!" The coach said, bringing me back to reality and that was my queue to jump on my broom, to make an entrance to the large crowd, joining the captain, Oliver Wood, a Hogwarts alumni. The crowd was loud. Louder than any other matches, given that it was the Grand Final. I flew out, towards the pitch, greeted by the bright white lights, cheers and fireworks supplied by the Weasleys Joke Shop, of course. I quickly spotted Draco, who was wearing a black sweatshirt with a white tee underneath, black trackpants and white sneakers. He was standing beside Blaise, Goyle, Maddison, Alex and Dylan in the Ministry box, all of them cheering on top of their lungs for me. I was surprised that mom and dad were there too. They finally allocated their time for me and I smiled at them before flying away to my position.

*

England was leading, with two hundred to one hundred and sixty. Both teams were hoping for their respective seekers to catch the golden snitch. I caught the Quaffle mid air, interfering the pass made by Ireland and rushed towards the goal post, shooting my shot and it went through the goal and the crowd erupted in cheers.

"Edwards scores again!" The commentator said.

"That's my girlfriend!" Draco shouted out loud as the cheering died down and the camera went to him.

I tried my best to concentrate, to not swoon over Draco's comment. My eyes focused on the scarlet Quaffle, trying to intercept or grab it at any point to score. Kennedy and Johnson, England's beaters were going around, chasing anyone who has the Quaffle and as Kennedy was about to hit the Bludger, the crowd went berserk. I looked around the pitch, trying to find Harrods, the seeker and I saw him holding the snitch in the air.

That's it.

We won.

England won the Quidditch World Cup.

"Yes Harrods!" I shouted, excitement rushing through my veins.

Harrods held the small golden ball with pride as the crowd continued on cheering. All the players descended back down to the freshly mowed green grass, getting off our brooms and my team ran towards Harrods. It felt surreal, winning the world cup. Journalists and paparazzis immediately shone their cameras on us to publish it to the Daily Prophet. Next thing I knew, Draco managed to run to the field and gave me a tight hug, spinning me up in the air as he kissed me, not bothered by the paparazzi. After taking a full spin, my feet touched the ground once more and Draco deepened the kiss, ignoring everyone else.