nine.

"Come on, Edwards, it'll be fun," Zabini pleaded as I was mixing my potions, "We're gonna succeed today, I can gurantee you that."

I looked up at him, his brown eyes were filled with excitement, "What do you mean?"

"You'll find out if you come with us."

"Fine. Just so you'll stop begging me to go." I said in defeat.

"Yes!" He exclaimed, "Hear that Malfoy? She's joining us tonight."

"Yes, Zabini. I have ears." Draco replied, dismissing Blaise's exhilaration. 

"So are you guys going to tell me what you're doing tonight?" I asked.

"Just the usual."

"Don't be late, we're going at eight." Draco said, kicking my foot under the table.

"I'll try," I answered him as I kicked his foot with ease, as he was right beside me but knowing my history with tardiness, I would probably be late. I looked over to Pansy, who was looking not too happy about me joining. I smirked at myself and continue to mix my potions before Draco and I went to Astronomy, a class with the Gryffindors.

*

"Edwards, it's eight." Pansy reminded as she tied her shoelaces.

I was on board with my Charms essay, "I'll catch up with you guys. I'm just finishing off."

"Alright. Don't be too long."

I nodded and Pansy went downstairs to the common room. I admit, the train of thoughts were a bit disrupted because of Pansy but this shouldn't take long and this bust did not feel right. In the back of my mind, it felt like it's not going to be a regular one. Zabini was so excited and sure  that they were going to succeed tonight. I did not get any details about this bust, meaning that I couldn't give Harry or the others a heads up, especially that I was then a member of the Army, I felt that it was my responsibility to save them from the Inquisitorial Squad. I did tell them earlier that I was not joining the meeting today because I had a lot of essays to be done and I did not require as much practice as the rest of the members, clearly evident when Harry tested me the night Neville let me into the Room of Requirement. And there I was, lost in my train of thoughts once more, along with my Charms essay. I looked at the time, telling me that it was half past eight.

"Oh shit."

I slipped into my black running shoes and ran down the stony stairs to the common room only to find that it's deserted.

Great, they left me.

Can't blame them though. I am thirty minutes late.

I went out of the common room and headed to the Room of Requirement, might as well practice my defence spells as I was already on my way there. I heard voices down the corridor and recognized some of the voices, I decided to follow it. Soon, I spotted Crabbe and Goyle who were seemingly walking to the Room of Requirement, the place where Dumbledore's Army is.

"Crabbe! Goyle! Wait up." I shouted as I ran to them.

"You're late." Vincent Crabbe commented.

"Sorry, I got caught up with my Charms essay. Glad to know that none of you wanted to wait for me. What's going on anyways?"

"Oh, you'll love it. Come on." Gregory Goyle said and the rest of the walk to the Room of Requirement was quiet.

Toad-face-Umbridge was already there with her wand raised. She was trying to break down the huge discreet wall of the room with spells and to make it worse, she succeeded. A blast came quickly, exposing a whole group of students inside. I took a quick scan of the people in that room and everyone was there. Next, Draco came into the view, dragging Cho Chang with him and I finally understood why Blaise was so excited for today.