twentyeight.

Since the night where Neville told me that the others had been hiding in the Room of Requirement, I tried to sneak them some foods from the Great Hall dinners. It wasn't much, but it was all that I could do for them then. I would leave it on the window edge on the stairs leading to the third floor, where Neville told me that most students are hiding in the Room of Requirement. I would check if the food was taken the next day when I'm walking to my classes and thankfully, they were always gone. Spring break was around the corner and you could see it in everyone's faces that they were excited to get out of Hogwarts once more, escaping the ruthlessness of the new Headmaster.

The Dark Lord requested Draco and I to go back to our homes for the holidays as sightings of Harry, Hermione and Ron have been popping up across the country.

"Wouldn't be seeing you the whole day from tomorrow," Draco said as we hopped on the carriage once more, heading for Hogsmeade this time. We were all going back home, no one was staying for spring break. At least no one I know.

"Is that Draco Malfoy saying that he'll be missing me?" I teased as I took a seat.

"We get it that you're together, guys." Zabini said.

I laughed it off. Thankfully, Pansy wasn't with us, the five of us made it clear that she didn't belong with us.

"You lost the bet you made during first year, Zabini." Draco taunted and I had no idea what they meant.

Zabini groaned, "Really Malfoy? You're seriously still remember that?"

"A guy must remember his bets."

"What bet?" I asked, getting more lost in the conversation.

"Malfoy and Zabini made a bet that Malfoy would be single the whole seven years in Hogwarts," Goyle, who was sitting next to me, explained.

"Boys and their way of thinking." I said, shaking my head.

"Ten galleons, Zabini." Draco added, with a sly smile on his face.

"You shouldn't have transferred, Edwards," Zabini joked.

"Your Amortentia said otherwise, Zabini." I badgered and the rest of the group laughed, knowing what I said was right.

"Wait, how did you know about that?" Blaise asked, amused.

"I have ears, Zabini. They're used for listening." I replied and Blaise reached into his pockets, giving Draco ten galleons.

"Who would've known?" Zabini muttered, "Draco getting himself a girlfriend. You did a number on him, Edwards, you know that?"

"Oh shut it, Zabini." Draco said as the five of us walked into one of the Hogwarts Express carriages, claiming one whole to ourselves. A bit of a bitch move I know, but we needed that.

"Oh come on, Malfoy. Just admit it already."

"Did I actually?" I asked, joining Zabini with his teasing while I took a seat nearest to the window, beside Draco and Zabini, Crabbe and Goyle were sitting across us, leaving the whole space for Draco and I.

"Of course," Crabbe replied for the first time today.

Vincent Crabbe was the type of person who hardly talks. He followed his friends around and would snicker when comments and mockery were made, but he himself hardly ever speaks a word. I was surprised how I was able to put up with him despite the fact that he barely speaks. I would never be able to have a friend who doesn't reply me back. But Crabbe was just there, I guess. I always see his father in meetings, along with other Death Eaters, which made me wonder if Crabbe knew about Draco and I's associations with the Dark Lord. If he did, he was really good at keeping it under the covers.