four.

EMERALD

The whole quidditch team went to grab butterbeers from the Three Broomsticks as a celebration of winning against Gryffindor. Draco and I were the last to order, which helped dodge questions on why he was paying for me if we were to order first.

"Two butterbeers, please." Draco said and the owner, Madam Rosmerta, nodded before going to the barrels to make our drinks.

I turned back to see the trio behind us and the tension between Harry and Draco could be cut with a knife, "Good game, Potter, you played really well." I said, breaking the ice.

My words caught the trio off guard, especially Harry.

"Oh, you too, Edwards." Harry replied.

I looked over to Draco who was about to say something snarky and I cut him before he said it, "Let's go, Draco. See you around." I said in a haste, grabbing the butterbeers, handing one to Draco and made him walk over to the table filled with the Slytherin quidditch team, giving him no chance of making a remark.

"Here she comes! The MVP!" Zabini welcomed us and the table cheered as I took a seat next to him, Draco sat next to me and his hands were brushing against mine due to how small the space was. The table was full of life. It was Slytherin's first win after four years. Apparently ever since Harry came, Gryffindor kept winning. I excused myself to the toilet a few moments after I finished my glass of butterbeer and to my surprise, Hermione was there too.

"Hey," I greeted.

"Oh, hi Edwards," Hermione greeted back as the both of us washed our hands, "Sorry for being so surprised when you congratulated Harry. Slytherins usually don't give other houses genuine comments."

I looked at her from the mirror and smiled, "It's no biggie, really."

"Anyways, I saw you wearing Malfoy's jersey at the match earlier."

"Oh yeah, I haven't got mine, so Malfoy gave me his."

Hermione's eyes went wide, "Malfoy? The Draco Malfoy gave you his jersey?"

I nodded in a hesitant manner.

"Wow," She said, "Never thought I'll hear Malfoy being kind for once."

I turned away from the sink to grab a paper towel and gave her an awkward smile.

"Pansy Parkinson must be so mad at you."

I laughed, "Ah well, pug-face-Pansy is a bit delusional, isn't she?" I joked and Hermione laughed.

"Pug-face-Pansy? That's a good one. Well, I better get going, the boys are waiting for me. See you around, Edwards."

She smiled and I smiled back, "See you, Granger."

After finishing my business, I went back to the team. I slipped in, sitting in between Draco and Zabini once more.

"What took you so long?" Draco asked quietly.

"I don't think thats any of your business, Malfoy." I said and hints of red appeared on his pale cheeks.

"Right."

*

It was eleven thirty and I made my way to the Astronomy Tower, one of the downsides of the subject Astronomy. I was surprised when I learned that Hogwarts offers Astronomy as a subject as Ilvermorny did not. I heard footsteps behind me and before I turned to see it was, the person called my name.

"Em! Wait up!"

I knew immediately who it was. 

"Evening to you too, Malfoy." I said, "How are you going with your essay?"