thirtythree.

Parents started to apparate to Hogwarts, bringing their kids home and Hogwarts started to get empty. Filch was certainly pissed with the amount of mess he needed to clean up post war. Draco gave his borrowed wand back to its owner and we spent the rest of the afternoon sitting in the corner, just drinking warm water, looking at parents picking up their kids or mourning over people who didn't make it. Seeing it was sad really, but relieving at the same time. It was finally over.

The living members of the Order were still there, helping each other out, along with Harry, Hermione and Ron. Molly Weasley saw us sitting down, not doing anything and walked over to us.

"Now, why aren't you two apparating home yet?" She asked and I looked straight into her broken brown eyes.

Fred Weasley died fighting for Harry Potter. Along with many others.

Draco and I stood up for the third time today, "Not sure really, Mrs. Weasley." I replied, "Maybe we just couldn't."

"Call me Molly, please," She said with a sad smile, understanding why we haven't gone home yet. How could we? Our parents would be there, waiting for us, probably disappointed. Who knew what would happen if we go back right now? The both of us were just stalling.

"Molly, we're really sorry for Fred-" I said.

"Don't be, Emerald," Molly said, cutting me off, "Neville's right, he didn't die in vain." Her voice broke and I hugged her, trying to give her comfort as she tried to stay strong. Molly Weasley just lost a child. I patted her back and seconds after, she let go, "Well, you two are welcomed to stay at the Burrow until you two are ready to go home."

"Mom!" Ron said, overhearing the conversation.

"Oh shut up, Ronald!" She shouted and I didn't know what to say, her kindness caught me off guard. She was willing to let two ex Death Eaters into her house, to stay with her family.

"Thank you, Molly, really," Draco started, "But I think that the both of us need to face what's waiting for us."

Draco made up his mind, we needed to go back home, whether we like it or not. I looked at him, his blonde hair disheveled and his cheeks were decorated with dirt yet he still managed to look alright.

Molly smiled at us, she knew what he meant and nodded, "You're a good man, Draco. Come to the Burrow if you two ever need anything, alright?"

"We will, Molly." And I smiled genuinely at her before she left us alone.

"She has a better mother intuition than our mothers combined." Draco joked and I chuckled.

"Draco making jokes? That's new."

"Shove off, Emerald." He said, chuckling as well.

I took in a deep breath, "You ready?"

"No," He answered, "But do we really have a choice?"

"Apparate to my room tonight?"

"You can count on that." And the both of us apparated to our home.

I entered the dining room, where both of my parents were sitting there in silence. As soon as they saw me, mom got up from her seat, rushing to me and gave me a hug.

"Emerald! Thank Merlin you're alive!" She exclaimed and I could hear the relief through her words, "Are you hurt?"

"No, mom." I answered and dad stood behind her, with relief written all over his face.

"We're really sorry, Emme." Dad apologized, his words laced with regrets and my blood boiled in an instant.

"Maybe you two should think about your child before doing something." I stated furiously and before any of them could say anything I told them that I was going upstairs to my room, "And don't regret throwing away the letter from Falmouth Falcons. I still got it." I added as I walked up the stairs.