twentyone.

We ran up the stairs of the Astronomy Tower in the dark, knowing we couldn't afford to miss the Headmaster again, this was our last chance. Emerald was running behind me, being my lookout as we ran up the stairs and entered the tower, where Dumbledore was already waiting for us, sitting in the middle of the tower. I took out my wand, ready to say the curse.

"Good evening Draco." Dumbledore said, it was obvious that he was weak. Emerald stayed downstairs, in case anything happens, "What brings you here, on this fine spring evening?"

My heartbeat was racing, "Who else is here? I heard you talking."

"I've found talking loud to myself extraordinarily useful. Have you been whispering to yourself, Draco?" I didn't know what to say, Dumbledore was looking right through me, right through my front, through my façade, "Draco, you are not an assassin."

"H-How do you know what I am?" I asked uneasily, "We've done things that would've shocked you."

"We?" Dumbledore asked and I realised my mistake. He didn't know that it wasn't only me plotting for his murder, "Like cursing Madam Rosmerta and Katie Bell, you mean? Or the poisoning the bottle of mead? These attempt are so feeble, I wonder if your heart has really been in them. But you said we, proving that you didn't do it alone."

"I was chosen!" I said as I pulled up the left sleeve of my blazer, revealing the Dark Mark to Dumbledore.

"I shall make it easy for you, then." He replied, raising his wand.

"Expelliarmus!" And the Elder Wand flew out of his hand, landing down on the floor, rolling away from him with both of our eyes following it.

"Killing isn't easy, Draco." He warned, "You're not alone are you?"

"The Vanishing Cabinet. It has a-."

"Twin, I see. Ingenious. Borgin and Burkes, was it?" Dumbledore continued, not showing any signs of fear, "Let me help you, Draco."

"I don't need your help! Don't you see? I have to do this. Or he'll kill me!"

"Say it louder, Draco."

I was in the verge of running away. Dumbledore was right, I am no assassin and I unconsciously lowered my wand. Footsteps echoed and the door opened, revealing Emerald, entering with her wand raised.

"Ah, Emerald Edwards." Dumbledore greeted, "Here to kill me too, are you?"

Emerald did not say anything, her face was tense and her green eyes were fixated at Dumbledore, along with her dragon heartstring core wand. She was more prepared for this than I was.

"Em-" I started, knowing what she was about to do.

She cut me off, ignoring me and started the killing curse, "Avada-"

Before she could finish it, Snape appeared quietly from the back, "No. Avada Kedavra!"

A jet of green light came out of Snape's wand, hitting Dumbledore right on the chest and Dumbledore stumbled backwards.

"No! What were you thinking?!" Emerald shouting at Snape, having a go at him.

"I made a vow." Snape replied calmly as Dumbledore fell off the Astronomy Tower.

Albus Dumbledore died right in front of our eyes and before any of us had the chance to process what just happened, a scream from the level below erupted.

Potter. He was here.

Emerald was already looking at me and nodded, as if she read my mind and she raised her wand once more, ready to attack Potter. Everything since then happened so quickly, my aunt, Bellatrix, entered the tower along with Greyback, before Emerald had the chance to cast a spell at Potter. My aunt cackled, "You two did it!" And she laughed before shooting the Dark Mark into the sky once more, inviting the rest of the Death Eaters, telling them that I had completed my task.