Chapter 23

Luca pulled me through the club to the VIP section and then sat me on his lap. Everyone was staring at me and it made me so uncomfortable. "Why won't they stop looking at me?" I whisper into Luca's ear.

"They've never seen me in here with a girl before. When women used to approach me I'd either let my men take them or I'd just kill them on a spot."

I snapped my head towards him, "You would kill them?! Luca you can't just do that to innocent people!"

"They weren't innocent they tore families apart and would kill men after they had sex with them. Let's just say the women here aren't the friendliest, but neither am I." My eyes are wide and I'm still processing everything as a waitress comes over and asks what we want. "I'll have whiskey and she'll have water."

"Can we dance?"

"Yes, but after I talk to a few people."

"Promise?"

"Si, I promise,"

Luca talked to everyone in Italian so it was boring. He just finished talking to the security guard and I'm guessing he's going to talk to someone else.

"Do you still want to dance mio amore?"

"Yes!" I say excitedly and he chuckles

I pull him to the dance floor and I start swaying my hips. I wrap my arms around his neck and he places his around my waist.

He danced with me for an hour and then he said we had to go to his parents' house for dinner and so we can pick Noah up. I was sad that we had to leave but I was excited to see my baby.

When we got to their house  Luca opened the door for me and helped me out of the car. He then gave me a soft kiss on the lips and then took my hand.

Luca opened the front door and then and guided me into the kitchen. I saw Noah in his bouncer and I quickly walked over to him and picked him up, "Hi baby!" I cooed and kissed his chubby cheeks as he smiled, "Mamma missed you so much baby!" I held him up in the air and he gave me another toothless smile. I cuddled him into me, "Why don't you act like that when I come home?" Luca pouts

"Because you're always late."

"Do you want to see daddy?" I ask Noah and he starts kicking his chubby legs.

I hand him to Luca and he holds him carrying him into the dining room. I follow and I see Celina placing food on the table and she turns to us, "Yay! Everyone is here!" She cheers

Who's all here Mamma?" Luca asks

"I invited Mila's parents and they're in the living room. I thought we could get to know each other a little better," She shrugs as if it's no big deal and I start to freak out. I quickly rush out of the dining room  and I head upstairs to a random room and Luca is already right behind me. "I can't do this. The wedding was enough. She's going to pick me apart-,"

"-Shh baby everything will be okay," Luca said trying to reassure me but it wasn't working, "Mila, listen to me, you'll be fine. If she does anything we can leave okay?" He says and then hands me Noah, "Now give me a kiss before we go back out." I kiss him and then he takes my hand.

As he leads me back downstairs I see my mom and my dad casually sitting at the table. I see Luca's dad at the head of the table and Celina is still bringing food out. Luca sits across from my father and he shakes his hand and then shakes my mother's.

I sit across from my mom and she glares at me with disgust the entire time while I hold Noah. I place him in his bouncer and then I grab a plate of food like everyone else.