Chapter 25

I woke up at 4 a.m. with the sudden urge to puke. I quickly rushed to the bathroom and let out all of last nights dinner. I brushed my teeth and proceeded to get back in bed but then I realized Luca was gone.

I didn't care though because I was beyond exhausted. After a few minutes the bed dipped and I felt him wrap his arms around me, "I love you so much mio amore," he mumbles quietly into my neck, thinking I was asleep, "I don't think you realize how badly I want to be with you. That's why I'm always following you and showing my affection."

"I love you and I do know how much I mean to you babe," I whisper and he goes still.

"I didn't know you were awake." he chuckles

"Morning sickness," I turn and face him, burying my face into his shoulder.

"I'm sorry bambina, is there anything I can do?"

"Can you make me food?"

"Of course mio amore, what would you like to eat?"

"Pasta!" He chuckles and kisses my cheek.

"Coming right up," He gets out of bed and I follow, "Baby, I have something to tell you, and you're either going to enjoy it or you're not."

"Okay . . .?"

"I have to leave to Italy for a few weeks and you can't come with me. I've been dealing with a lot of . . . work related problems and I need to take care of them."

"Why would I enjoy you leaving me for multiple weeks?! When are you leaving? When can I visit? Who am I going to cuddle with? Who am I going to talk with? Who's going to go to work with me? Who's gon-"

"Mio amore, calm down, I'll be gone for 5 weeks tops. I'll be as quick as possible, don't worry mio amore. I am leaving Friday so I should be home around early December." I wanted to cry- oh wait I already am. Why was he leaving me so soon!

"Don't leave me. I want to go with you! I can work from home, it'll be fine," I say as tears fall down my cheeks.

"Mila, it's not that I don't want to take you. I can't. It's too dangerous for you to go. You're my best friend, wife, mother to our children.  If I lost you I would loose myself and probably kill myself."

"Wha- Don't say that!" My sobs gets louder and he quickly rounds the island and stands between my legs.

"Mila, look at me," He cupped my face and wiped my tears, "Darling, I'll be home before you know it. You won't even notice that I'm gone."

"Yes I will," I choke my tears back.

"Everything will be okay, now, let me make you some pasta. It'll make you feel better." I nod and hold my tears. As much as he annoys me I don't want him to leave me for an entire month! I don't even get to visit him.

_-_-_

~ 2 weeks later ~ (a/n i forgot how old noah is so im gonna say he's 7 months now and if im wrong correct me and I'll change it)

It's been 2 weeks without him and I've cried myself to sleep these past 2 nights. Every time I call him it goes straight to voicemail and when I ask people about it they just change the subject.

Noah is currently 7 month's as of today so I am taking him to get his monthly checkup. Hopefully this will take my mind off of things.

"Hello Mrs. Revellio, it's nice to see you again!" Dr. Sayor greets.

"It's nice to see you too," I smile and I get Noah out of his car seat. "You know the drill," He says and I take Noah's clothes off. Dr. Sayor checks him and then tells me he's growing strong and healthy and he'll see me back in another month.