Untitled Part 9

Chapter 9: Name and Crush by ryuxenji

Exchanging contact information with athletes is a boon for reporters, so Yun Duo had no reason to refuse. She pulled out her phone and said humbly, "Then, shall I scan your WeChat QR code?" She did not dare to ask directly for their phone numbers — it would be so awkward if that request was rejected.

The four athletes whipped their handphones out.

Yun Duo scanned each phone one by one, starting with Qi Rui-Feng, and then Tang Yi-Bai. After she scanned Tang Yi-Bai's code, she heard him emit a soft hum, tone rising at the end in confusion. It was so soft that she wasn't sure if it wasn't just her imagination.

She lifted her head to look at him and saw that he was looking at her through half-lidded eyes, his lips pressed together in a small smile, as if he were trying not to laugh.

Yun Duo could not see any reason for it, so she could only focus on scanning the code of the next person, Zheng Ling-Ye. And then, Zheng Ling-Ye also gave her a strange look.

She could not help but touch her face. Could it be that there was some dirt on her face?

The last one to be scanned was Ming Tian. When Ming Tian saw the friend request, he finally unveiled the mystery for Yun Duo. "Big sis, your WeChat name is ? Your name plus big brother Yi-Bai's name? Hehe, you have me and I have you, sticking as close as lacquer and glue ~~ oomph!" He was planning to say more, but his mouth had been muffled.

Tang Yi-Bai's arm had stretched past Qi Rui-Feng to cover Ming Tian's mouth. Without batting an eye, he said calmly, "."

Qi Rui-Feng looked thoughtfully at Yun Duo, and he suddenly said, "So you also have a crush on Tang Yi-Bai?" Even though he stated it in the form of a question, his expression was one of realisation.

"No!" Yun Duo was so embarrassed. She had already been using this username for a long time, while she had only gotten to know Tang Yi-Bai within the past few days. Besides, who would so blatantly write the name of the person they were crushing on into their social media account handle? Would that still be considered a secret crush?

Still, how could she explain this ...? Yun Duo found her head aching.

Qi Rui-Feng very obviously did not believe Yun Duo's denials. On top of that, from his expression, Yun Duo could read 'I'm so cool, handsome, suave, and amazing and yet you actually choose to crush on Tang Yi-Bai instead of me — you must really have empty sockets for eyes' ... it conveyed a wealth of information.

It wasn't just Qi Rui-Feng — Zheng Ling-Ye and Ming Tian looked like they did not believe her either. They stared inquisitively at Yun Duo, faces filled with the desire for gossip.

Yun Duo fortified herself mentally and said to Qi Rui-Feng, "It really is just a coincidence. I've already used this username for a long time. You also know that I'm your loyal fan, so how can I have a crush on Tang Yi-Bai, right?"

Qi Rui-Feng nodded. "Well, that's true."

As Yun Duo finished speaking, her gaze turned to Tang Yi-Bai. At this time, Tang Yi-Bai had already put down the hand that had been muffling Ming Tian. He wiped his hand several times over Ming Tian's clothes before pulling it back, coolly putting it into a pocket even as he smiled at Yun Duo.

Yun Duo suddenly found herself feeling somewhat annoyed. She really did not feel like seeing Tang Yi-Bai's smile at all right now. She had no way of explaining any further, otherwise she would just be .

After saying goodbye to the group of four, Yun Duo swiped her thumb over the screen of her mobile phone, contemplating whether she should change her WeChat name. After grappling with the issue for a while, she decided not to change it. If she did, it would just be , so she might as well just let it go.