Untitled Part 30

Chapter 30 by ryuxenji

After this round of analysis by Lin Zi, Yun Duo realised that she was indeed about to be done for. If the rumours began to take this turn, not only would she offend Qian Xu-Dong, she would even draw the resentment of the people around her. She would definitely stand out from her current duo with Lin Zi to become Director Liu's number one hated person. Moreover, what would her colleagues think of her? Young, impetuous, and over-reaching, resorting to unscrupulous methods in order to achieve her ends, gossipy and immoral ...

Although everyone would only spread the rumour secretly, all of the hate would eventually end up on her head.

"That's just too vicious ..." Yun Duo's legs felt weak just thinking about the possibility. "Who did I offend? Going so far to harm me."

"I don't know." Lin Zi shook his head, his chin still leisurely propped up against an arm as he chewed. He was still eating his candy.

Yun Duo was rather anxious. "Then what should I do?"

He shrugged. "You're the boss. What you say, goes."

With a pitiful expression, Yun Duo gently tugged on his arm, pleading softly, "Can you help me? You must have some idea."

"I only scored 52 points for my language paper."

"You're bearing a grudge over that?" Yun Duo set aside her dignity and dredged out a fawning attitude. "Even though you only scored 52 for your language paper, you're still an academic god! A god of academics who leaves us mortals trembling!"

"Beg."

"Hey ..." Yun Duo looked at him with a dark expression.

"Okay," Lin Zi snapped his fingers, and then patted her shoulder with particular righteous emphasis. "Since you've already pleaded with me, I will help you just this once."

Yun Duo lightly pushed his hands away. Young man, you're really getting too high over this act ...

As for how to help Yun Duo, Lin Zi instantly zoned in onto the core of the problem: Qian Xu-Dong.

If she wanted to make this whole problem go away, Yun Duo would need to build a good relationship with Qian Xu-Dong.

Yun Duo felt particularly troubled by this. "He's Director Liu's right-hand man, and I've just snatched an exclusive interview from him. How can I have a good relationship with him?"

"Young girl, you need to learn how to analyse human nature," said Lin Zi, brimming with confidence, "Qian Xu-Dong is a very conceited person. Just invite him for a meal and lavish him with some praise and flattery, then leave it to me to assist from the sides."

"You assist me from the sides? Do you know how to flatter others? Why do I feel so insecure about this ..."

Lin Zi chuckled, "A guru naturally has his own grand schemes."

Despite not knowing what 'grand schemes' Lin Zi was talking about, Yun Duo still chose to put her faith in him. Well, it was mainly because she had no one else to trust right now anyway. She and Cheng Mei were both rookies in the workplace, so Cheng Mei would not be able to give her any good suggestions. Teacher Sun was a really nice guy — if he were to provide his input, it would definitely be to put down her pride and just go make peace with Qian Xu-Dong.

As for how to flatter Qian Xu-Dong ... Yun Duo was not an idiot; she still knew a thing or two.

********
Yun Duo invited Qian Xu-Dong, Teacher Sun, and Lin Zi to have dinner together at a high-end restaurant. Teacher Sun, like Lin Zi, was there to assist her. Compared with Lin Zi, Teacher Sun was a professional-level assist — with him around, one never had to worry about awkward silences.