Chapter 2

Bonnie Bennett POV - 2 weeks later (1 week after Diana's arrival)

"Di?" I peeked into the guest bedroom down the hall from mine, the one my sister had made her own. When I didn't see her, I stepped fully in the room and looked around. "Where did she go?" I asked myself.

A crash in the kitchen made me jump. Oh, no. She couldn't be trying to cook, could she? Not after she almost burned the house down yesterday! I rushed from the room and down the stairs, flying through my thoughts as I reached the kitchen.

Smoke. I fanned the thick smog wafting from the kitchen and blinked as it stung my eyes. "Diana?" I called for her, coughing.

"Bon?" She coughed, crawling through the smoke on her hands and knees.

"What the hell happened? I thought I told you you were banned from the kitchen! Permanently," I shouted over the fire alarm, coughing as I helped her to her feet and pulled us both through the hall and outside the house.

"I know, but I don't know what happened," she said through coughs. "I was just trying make instant noodles," she shrugged innocently.

"Wait, Di, how exactly were you going to make them?" I asked, eyeing her. She was a child in a teenage body. She hadn't exactly had the most normal upbringing, being a witch that had lived with werewolves most of her childhood. But instant noodles? Everyone knew how to cook those!

"In the microwave, of course. I'm not an idiot," she scoffed.

I closed my eyes and shook my head slowly. "No, I know. Just walk me through exactly what happened before the smoke," I asked, taking a deep breath and watching as she straightened herself.

"I took a bowl —"

"What kind of bowl?" I interrupted, not really meaning to.

She rolled her eyes before answering. "A plastic one, Bonnie," she grumbled. I nodded and she continued. "I put the noodles in the bowl, stuck them in the microwave and set it for 3 and a half minutes. Then out of nowhere, about two minutes in, the whole kitchen starts to reek and smoke is everywhere," she shrugged, completely puzzled by the whole situation.

I nodded. There were a million ways Diana could've gone wrong with this. "So there was water in the bowl," I lifted an eyebrow. She nodded. "And you didn't accidentally leave a fork in the bowl, either," I glanced at her. She shook her head. "Okay, so what about the little packet of seasoning?" I waited for a response.

"What little packet?" She asked, completely oblivious.

"Diana, the little silver packet of seasoning. It comes in every pack of instant noodles."

"Wait...I was supposed to open the noodle pack?"

I scoffed and chuckled. She couldn't be serious. "Diana...how are the noodles supposed to cook if they never touch the water?" I asked her, wide eyed and in disbelief.

"Hmm..." she hummed pensively. "Okay, well now that explains it," she said in the same tone one might say "eureka."

I closed my eyes again and took another deep breath. "Diana, you can't go into the kitchen anymore." She nodded at me, looking to the ground. "Any kitchen. Like, ever," I ground out. How had she survived on her own for the last 5 years?

"Bon..." she called, quietly. "I'm sorry...I'm such an idiot," her voice trembled a little.

"No, no, it's okay. And you're not an idiot, you're just...naive. And adorable," I chuckled, pulling her into a hug. "But it looks like I can't keep you a secret anymore," I grumbled, as three cars and a truck pulled up.

"Are you sure that's a good idea?" she asked, pulling back and studying my face.

"I don't think we have a choice," I mumbled. She turned and followed my eyes as every soul in Mystic Falls I had been avoiding seemed to pour in, single-file, up my driveway.

Diana latched onto my arm. She was anxious, but not out of fear for herself. Grams had sent her a message before she got here, a warning that I was in danger. And if my life before Diana's arrival had taught me anything, it was that danger usually travelled with the group currently trekking up to my front porch.

"Long time, no see, Bon-Bon," Damon flashed his signature smirk, his devilish blue eyes quickly shifting to Diana. "Who's the new witch?"

-

🔮 Vote and comment 🔮