Chapter 9

🔮Vote and comment 🔮

-

Omnicient POV

"Well if it isn't my two favorite little witches," Klaus's voice boomed through the mansion from the top of the stairwell where he stood. "Why are the Salvatores in my house?" he demanded in a low growl.

"Klaus, relax. We're all on the same side, here," Stefan said, quickly stepping in front of Bonnie.

"Oh, I highly doubt that," Klaus hissed, vamping down the stairs.

"Sure we are," Damon said sarcastically. "As a show of good faith, we'll give you some information about your little doppelgänger? The one you need alive to make your little zombie wolf army?" he lifted a brow. "Turns out, your beloved vamp-son has taken her hostage," he added.

Klaus looked between the two brothers, his eyebrows crinkling in deep thought. "And what does he want in return?"

Damon pushed Diana behind him, not focusing on the act as he replied to Klaus. "It doesn't matter. Whatever it is, he's not getting it."

"He wants the charmer-witch," Klaus' eyes found Diana's.

"Sire-witch," she corrected, rolling her eyes. "And you'll lose more than just your doppelgänger if you hand me over."

"No one's handing anyone over," Stefan said firmly.

"Well...aren't the four of you cozy," Klaus said, the muscle in his jaw ticking as he glared at Stefan.For the second time that night, Bonnie's stomach growled. The sound wasn't even that loud, but in a house full of vampires, it held the weight of a roaring lion.

"Seriously? How are you still hungry? You ate like three burgers on the way here," Damon looked at Bonnie incredulously.

"I have a high metabolism," she hissed.

"Don't talk to her like that," Stefan warned.

"I need to talk to my sister," Diana's quiet, but serious voice spilled through the snarky conversation between Bonnie and the Salvatore brothers. All attention turned to her, and her stomach churned with anxiety. "Alone," she added when no one made a move to leave the room.

"Little witch, whatever secrets you have to tell, I can assure you we'll all hear them anyway," Klaus crossed his arms and leaned against the wall defiantly.

Diana rolled her eyes in response and huffed. "Fine. Bonnie, you've been using your sire magic. You have to stop or you'll scramble Stefan's brain."

"What?" Bonnie gaped at her sister. "No, I haven't...I would never –"

"I told you you'd have to learn how to control it first," Diana responded calmly. "I know it wasn't intentional. Something has been messing with our magic. I could feel it earlier when –"

"When you were sire-spelling Damon?" Bonnie lashed out.

Damon pulled Diana back when she went to approach Bonnie. It wasn't like either of the Bennett girls would hurt one another, but something inside him didn't want to take the chance."That's where you're wrong, witchy. Diana didn't sire-spell me. She broke me from one," he said, winking at Bonnie.

"What? So then why were you..." Bonnie's voice trailed off as she stared on in confusion.

"Oh, that?" Damon chuckled wolfishly, "No, that was all me. I mean, look at her. She's hot," he said, biting his bottom lip as he gazed at Diana.

Diana pulled herself from Damon's grip and stepped to her sister, taking Bonnie's hands in her own. "It isn't your fault. Our magic can only latch on when there's already...interest," she said, uneasy at the other eyes in the room on her. "But when we tap into it, our magic amplifies emotions. It's a thin line; it can easily get out of hand."

Bonnie closed her eyes and took a deep breath, fighting back tears. "How...how do I fix this? How can I make it stop?" she begged.

"Practice. You can't change how someone feels about you, you can only amplify any...sexual tension that's already there. We just need to find someone who has no interest in you like that and practice," Diana answered. Her demeanor was calm, but she'd seen the way the men of this town watched Bonnie. She wasn't certain there'd be anyone of the sort.

"That should be easy enough," Bonnie said with a hopeful smile. She turned to Damon.

"Uh-uh, Bon-Bon. No can do. I have sexual tension between...well, everybody," he smirked, winking at Stefan. "Besides, I prefer to play with sissy-witch," he said, winking at Diana.

Stefan rolled his eyes. Diana shook her head and turned her attention to Klaus. "What about you? I haven't sensed anything between you and my sister...well, except annoyance."

Klaus gazed at Diana, seemingly debating something.

"Well?" Stefan asked, impatient.

"If you're asking me to willingly allow a novice siren-witch to play around in my mind, I'm afraid I'll have to decline. My last run-in with a siren is one I do not wish to relive," Klaus responded. "But, I am willing to make a deal of sorts," he added.

Stefan wiped a desperate hand over his face.

"What do you want?" Diana asked.

"My doppelgänger," Klaus answered, simply. "Play bait and my family and I will ensure your safety as we retrieve her from Marcel's clutches--"

"Absolutely not," Damon hissed, boldly stepping towards Klaus.

"Careful, Salvatore," Klaus warned, stepping forward. "I thought you said the little charmer-witch didn't play around in your mind," he added, regarding Damon curiously.

"She didn't," he quipped.

"And yet you feel the need to play protector," Klaus crossed his arms and lifted an eyebrow. Bonnie tilted her head considering his words, now also curious about Damon and Diana's situation.

"None of that matters right now," Diana said, exasperated. "We need to get Bonnie's power under control. If the only way to do that is for me to--"

"Diana, no," Damon said firmly, clenching his jaw as he continued to stare Klaus down.

"It's not your decision to make," Diana replied quietly. "I'll do it. Reach out to Marcel. Plan to meet three days from now. Until then, everyone needs to be on high alert."

"I'm used to giving the orders around here, but the little charmer-witch is right. I'll alert my brothers and get them on board. Until then," he nodded to Diana and Bonnie.

"What about Rebekah?" Bonnie asked. "And your part of the deal?"

"Rebekah needn't be involved. She tends to get a bit...messy...around Marcel. And don't worry, little witch. We'll start your training tomorrow if you'd like," Klaus answered, and vamped from the room.

The four looked at each other, unsure of how much trouble they would face in three days time. Bonnie's face was downcast and she looked thoroughly exhausted and still a little drunk. She scrunched her face up in confusion. "Wait, where are Matt and Caroline?" She asked the others."They should've been here long before we arrived," Stefan added.

Bonnie pulled out her phone and dialed Caroline's number. It rang three times before going to voicemail. She muttered a curse word and tried again. Still no answer. She tried Matt's number next. After five rings, someone picked up. "H-hello?" Matt sounded out of breath.

"Matt? Where are you guys? Are you and Care okay?" Bonnie asked, her heart pounding.

"Uh y-yeah, we...we're fine. We just got a little..." Matt cleared his throat, "we got a little held up." Matt sounded odd, and winded. "Did you guys figure something out...or...?" he let the question hang in the air.

"Yeah, no, we made a deal with Klaus and we're gonna--"

"Bon, that's great," Matt interrupted, half-hearing her. "Fill us in tomorrow. The Grille? Six o'clock?" he rushed through.

"Sure, Matt, but--"

"Alright, we'll see you then," Matt cut in and hung up.

Bonnie gaped at her phone, dumbfounded. "What the hell was that?" she asked, more to herself than to anyone in specific.

At that moment, Diana realized what had happened. Her magic hadn't just gone haywire, it had been misdirected. The town of Mystic Falls was about to look like a Valentine's version of Christmasville over the next few days. Damon seemed to pick up on Diana's dismay.

"Stefan, Bonnie's clearly starving. Go feed her. I need to have a talk with my little siren here," Damon said, tossing Stefan the keys as he approached Diana.

Stefan wasted no time in grabbing Bonnie and vamping her back out of the mansion.

Diana turned away from him and headed up the stairwell back to the room Rebekah had shown her to earlier. It even had a little wooden placard that read "charmer-witch," which she rolled her eyes at and she pushed the door open and stepped in.

She grabbed a smudge stick of white sage and lit it, whispering "incendia." She placed it carefully in a silver tray on the dresser and folded her arms as Damon walked into her room. "Speak," she instructed.

-

🔮Vote and comment 🔮