Chapter 18

Note: I'm reuploading all full chapters of this book! My site is temporarily down, but I don't want you to have to wait to read.

🔮Vote and comment 🔮

-

Omni POV - arriving back from the prison world

Diana struggled to her feet, using her magic to pull the stakes jutting out from Kol and Elijah's chests and placing her hand up to stop the third stake flying threw the air toward Rebekah's. "Get Bonnie inside! Now!" she yelled at Damon who wasted no time processing her words. "Murum sana praeomonio," she hissed, cloaking the mansion with a fortified barrier that not even a full coven could break down without her permission.

She slipped her magic over her group, protecting Elijah and Kol while they healed, as she surveyed the chaos in the backyard of the Mikaelson mansion for her enemy. "Show yourself, Dyre Witch!" she growled. "Revelare!" she screamed, uncloaking the witch currently stalking towards her. "Motus!" she spat, sending the witch flying against a tree. "Kill her! She's working for Marcel," he grounded out, glancing back at the odd array of allies she'd collected over the last few weeks.

Klaus attacked first, with Elijah still injured following right behind him. She wished she could tell him to wait and heal first, but she couldn't risk losing her focus keeping the demon witch uncloaked and the mansion barrier secured. Stefan was finally coming to and she hissed another incantation to heal him and the other two injured originals faster. Her magic pulled at the magic in her tethers' blood, channeling it on loop, but her body wouldn't able to handle it for much longer. She was already powerful and enhancing it with the magic of originals' blood amplified it to a level no witch had been able to maintain for seconds, much less the hours it had been circling through her.

The Dyre Witch could sense the sire-witch's magic and while fear tugged at her heart, she knew the younger witch could only stay upright temporarily. What she didn't understand was how she hadn't already fallen. She pulled herself from the grass, sending another stake through the air, just missing the original hybrid snapping his teeth at her. She darted back, hissing as he lunged at her, peeling a scrap of skin from her neck with his fingers. 

She cursed the sire-witch who'd kept her cloak inactive. How as she expected to take out four originals and a ripper? Not to mention the unexpected creature she hadn't quite figured out lurking behind the sire-witch. Was he an ally of hers? An enemy? She didn't have time to think on it as the older original plunged his fist into her chest, gripping onto her heart. It is time, master; come forth, she said mentally, lifting her eyes to the sky as a gasp of agony spilled from her lips and her soul left her body.

The Dyre Witch's neck snapped forward, her dark eyes glowing as white spilled over the dark of her pupils and irises. Her hand latched onto Elijah's, yanking it - along with her own heart - from her chest before snapping his arm back, breaking it. She gripped his collar and threw him a full twelve meters back against the wall of the mansion. Her head twisted to Klaus who dodged her maniacal clawing at him before diving into her abdomen and tackling her to the ground. He ripped at her throat with his teeth, but her hands sank into his hair, yanking his head away before twisting it swiftly, breaking his neck. She threw his body off of her and jumped back to her feet, going after the two blond originals now standing in front of Diana.

"Rebekah, Kol, use my magic - any spell you can think of, just use it," she yelled, her voice weakening as the pain of fueling so much power starting getting the best of her. She hoped if they used it, it would take some of the pressure off.

"You're dying," Kai spoke up, unexpectedly. "It's too much power for your body to handle this long, even I know that. You have to stop," he urged.

"I can't," she said, her voice growing thick with tears as they fell down her face. She steeled herself and shook her head, she had no time to be weak. "If they get to Bonnie, they'll kill us both to raise a creature who wants nothing more than to devour every supernatural being on earth," she explained weakly.

"Then let me help," he hissed.

"How?" she asked, her voice crumbling.

"I'm a siphoner. I can take your magic and fight," he said, stepping right beside her.

"Why?" she asked, turning her head to face him for a moment before returning her focus on the Dyre Witch currently battling Kol and Rebekah's magical blows.

"I...I don't know, I just feel like I need to," he admitted uncomfortably. "You won't survive this without me," he added. Diana knew he was right.

"Do it. Take as much magic as you can, I'm still tethered to Kol and Rebekah, I can handle it," she nodded, gritting her teeth. She had only heard of the siphon witches of the Gemini coven. From the stories, the pain of having one's magic siphoned was excruciating. It couldn't be any more painful that what she was already feeling.

Kai stepped behind her, wondering where his skin should connect with hers. If he grabbed her arms or shoulders, she might lose the hold she had on the mansions barrier and the demon witch fighting to get to her. If he grabbed her waist, she might just turn and end him right then and there. But Stefan's blue-eyed brother would probably get his panties in a bunch, and that was something he'd risk it to see. He placed his hands against the tiny witch's waist, grumbling at how her skin scorched his. How was she keeping this up? He shook his head and focused, tugging at the magic flowing through her until it started to zip through his finger tips.

Diana was shocked. Not at Kai's suggestive hand placements, but at the fact that there was no pain as he siphoned her. Maybe it was because she was overloaded with magic, but the feeling of her power rushing freely into his hands was almost euphoric. The tension in shoulders and the aching in her chest slowly subsided. She felt stronger now, like he had taken away everything weighing her down. His hands slowly slipped away from her and she felt a buzz drifting over her skin from his touch. She shuddered and focused back on the demon who now had her forearm pressed against Rebekah's neck with the blond firmly against a tree. Diana snapped the evil witch's neck, giving Rebekah a split second to vamp from the tree. Kol took the opportunity to put the witch's unconscious body in a hold, folding her arms tightly behind her back and pressing his knees into her legs to keep her in place.

"Diana, how the bloody hell do we kill this thing?" Kol yelled as the witch came to, struggling against his grip. Stefan vamped over and aided him, holding her still.

"I-I...I don't know," Diana whispered frantically.

"Rip her apart," Kai instructed, making a move first as he flashed in front of the evil witch in a blink. "Lacero," he hissed with a full grin on his face. The witches head popped off, shocking everyone as blood spouted from her headless neck. "Care to do the honors?" he asked, winking at Stefan.

"Gladly," he said, ripping her arms from their sockets. "This doesn't mean we're friends," he grumbled, tossing the dead limbs away from the witch's body.

"Aww, and here I thought we were having a family bonding moment," Kai pressed his hand to his chest, feigning hurt.

"We're not family," Stefan scoffed, unsure of whether he should be more confused or disgusted at Kai's suggestion.

"Sure we are," he smirked, walking back towards the exhausted little witch who had given him more magic than he'd felt in...well, ever.

"Where should I put these?" Kol asked, waving the dead witch's unattached legs.

Diana cringed away from the gruesome sight and shuddered. She wondered briefly if she released her grip of the Dyre Witch, would her remains disappear again. She gave it a try, slightly disappointed when it did nothing. "Burn them," she shrugged, eying the siphon witch currently approaching her with devilish eyes. As much as she hated to admit it, the man was sexy. Even with blood covering his hands and dripping from his shirt. And the way his eyes bore into hers, unyielding, unwavering, with no question of what he wanted from her, made her shudder under his gaze against her own will.

"Diana, what about the barrier?" Rebekah asked, pressing her hand to the door only to be repelled with a shock.

Diana deliberated, shifting on her feet as she looked to the pieces of the witch that had almost murdered them all. "L-let's just burn her first. I can't risk Bonnie's life again," she replied quietly. Rebekah seemed to understand and nodded, taking a seat at the single piece of patio furniture that hadn't been destroyed in the fight.

Stefan piled the pieces of the witches body in the center of a makeshift fire pit, tossing random branches and slabs of wood he'd broken off the damaged trees in the yard - and the stakes the dead witch had been throwing - nodding to the strange witch he somehow knew and was unfamiliar with altogether. She gave him a small smile and nodded back.

"Incendia," she whispered, sending her attacker's remains up in flames. "Stefan," she called to him, closing the distance between them. "Thank you for protecting Bonnie. I'm sorry I had to send you both away and...never mind, it'll make more sense after this," she shook her head, taking his hand in hers. "Revelare," she whispered, suddenly flooding Stefan's mind with memories of her, piecing them back together with ones of all the times he'd seen her with Bonnie.

"Diana," he breathed, pulling her into a brotherly hug. She hugged him back before patting his shoulder and pulling away. "I'm just glad you're okay. Bonnie's gonna kill me though," he chuckled with a pained look crossing his face. "Keeping her last living family member from her - her sister at that, yeah, I'm never living that one down."

"She'll forgive you," she promised with a soft smile. "She's stubborn, so it might take a little while, but it'll probably happen before she forgives me for taking away her memories in the first place," she said somberly.

"You're her older sister, I'm sure she'll forget all about that once she remembers how important you are to her," he smiled back, turning to look at the fire reflecting in Diana's eyes.

"Well isn't this adorable," Kai stepped beside Stefan, smacking him heavy on the shoulder as he eyed Diana. "Our first introduction was, kinda, interrupted. Kai Parker," he smiled sheepishly, holding his hand out.

Stefan swatted his hand away before Diana could respond. "Don't touch her," he hissed. "Diana, he's a--"

"Siphoner? Yeah, she knows," Kai finished, rolling his eyes as he turned to Stefan. "I basically just saved her life, and yours. You're welcome, by the way."

Diana's eyes drifted to Elijah and Klaus who both started to stir while Kai and Stefan's banter continued. Elijah's head rose up, his eyes catching Diana's, and in the next second, he was standing in front of her, knocking Kai and Stefan out of the way. "Diana," he breathed, as he pulled her against him. He brushed his thumb over her face, taking in her every feature as his eyes darted around before crashing his lips against hers.

His kiss was slow, unyielding as his tongue slipped into her mouth. His arms wrapped around her almost painfully tight as he kissed her as if she might disappear before his eyes at any second. She felt the shaky panic lingering beneath his skin as the kiss grew more severe. That panic was quickly twisting into something animalistic and unhinged and if she didn't stop him soon, she knew he might take her right there in front of everyone. She carefully pressed her hands against his chest, pushing lightly as she tried to pull away. A growl erupted from him, and her stomach flipped as a shiver jolted through her. Sensing her discomfort, Elijah reluctantly pulled back, keeping his arms tightly around her waist.

"See, now I'm confused," Kai broke the awkward silence. "I thought other annoying Salvatore brother was your boyfriend but then this," he gestured at Elijah and Diana, "this just blows my theory out of the water."

"I don't have a boyfriend," Diana snapped, unaware of Elijah's hard stare still on her.

"So you are single," he smirked, licking his bottom lip as he eyed her, playfully wriggling his eyebrows.

"Get in line," Kol snorted, nodded to the mansion. Damon was pounding against the window angrily spouting obscenities that no one outside could hear. Diana had forgotten she spelled him in there along with Bonnie, but felt relieved once she realized he was safe.

"I don't mind sharing," Kai said loudly, making sure to wave at Damon before turning his eyes back to Diana. He glanced up at the original who still had her in his clutches and felt a pang of jealous flood through him seeing the vampires hands on her body where his once were. "Maybe I mind a little, but I'm open to learning," he smirked, looking back at the witch who gaped at him incredulously.

Klaus had since joined the little circle, chuckling at the development before him. He hadn't seen his brother this possessive of anyone outside their family in quite a while. The menacing look Elijah was giving Kai made him proud. He was always too neat and clean for jealousy, but it seemed the little sire-witch made him comfortable with that part of himself again. He watched the witch, too, in awe of her power and resilience. He felt kindred to her somehow, as if she were another little sister of his now - one he didn't feel the urge to stake in the heart. His eyes drifted to his actual sister and his sense of pride increased. She had fought the demon witch right along side him and the others and never thought to flee. The sire-witch had shifted something within them all on a level deeper than anyone expected.

No one had looked back to the fire since Stefan and Kai had started in on each other. And so no one noticed the fire erupting into a figure. The Dyre Witch's body was pieced back together, draped in flames as she stealthily stepped from the pit, dusting the fire off of her. She was less of a witch and more of whatever entity was currently possessing the pieces of her corpse, but a cloak wasn't needed when no one was paying attention to the vampire pointing and yelling about her in the window. But before she could rightly make her move, Diana's eyes found her. "Murum sana," she hissed, jerking herself from Elijah's grip as her barrier covered the seven of them, including Rebekah who now stood by the mansion. The group followed her glare, grumbling at the sight trekking towards them.

"You've got to be bloody kidding me," Kol hissed, now standing defensively at the forefront of their little unit beside Niklaus.

"Why won't this Dyre witch just stay dead?" Kai growled, stepping in front of Diana beside Elijah.

"She's not just a witch anymore," Diana hissed.

"Dyre bitch?" Stefan snorted beside Diana, earning an amused chuckle from Klaus and Kol who traded smirks before turning back to the undead creature before them.

"See, I'm rubbing off already," Kai quipped.

Stefan went to roll his eyes, but stopped, widening them when he realized the Dyre bitch had vanished. "Where did she go?" he grumbled, his eyes darting around the massive yard. The group grew silent, each attempting to sense the creature hunting them.

Diana's scream startled everyone. Stefan reacted first, being the one closest to her, latching onto the Dyre creature's hand tightly grasping the curls at the back of Diana's hair. The moments after were a blur of lunging, clawing, snarling, everyone attacking the Dyre creature all at once over and over again. A high pitched shriek flew from the creature's lips, immediately crippling every attempted attack. With her hand still fisted in Diana's hair and the other holding Stefan in the air by his throat, the Dyre creature vanished in a whirl of smoke.

-

🔮Vote and comment 🔮