Chapter 3: Movie Night

I really out here like: Oh yeah the updates are gonna be slow. *proceeds to write three chapters in the same day* smh yall can't trust me

Saturday night. Miles was sitting in his car. He double checked the address Phoenix had given him. He took a deep breath and stepped out of the car. He walked up to the apartment and knocked on the door. 

A little later, the handle turned and the door opened a crack. And there was Phoenix, looking out to see who it was. He smiled and opened the door. Miles realized with a small feeling of dread that he had dressed much too formal for the occasion.

"Hey, Miles!" "Hello. Um, I brought snacks." He gestured to the bag in his hand. Snacks were a movie thing, right? Yes. Yes? Yes. Snacks were a movie thing. "Oh, cool! Come on in." Phoenix stepped aside and nodded for Miles to come inside. 

Maya was sitting at a table eating what looked like Cheerios, although why she would eat Cheerios at 8:45 in the evening, Miles couldn't fathom. She snickered when Miles walked in. "Ooooh, Nick's got a dAaaaAAaAAte." Phoenix made a face. "Ooooh, Maya's still alOooOoOone."

Maya stuck out her tongue and went back to her Cheerios.

Phoenix sighed and looked over at Miles. "Sorry about that." Miles smiled. "It's alright. We're lucky Franziska isn't here." Phoenix tilted his head. "Who?" 

"Oh, I forgot you don't know her. She's another prosecutor. von Karma's daughter, actually. We were really close back.." He went silent for a second. Then he shook his head. Tonight's supposed to be fun, not depressing. "We were really close. But if she were in town, we just would not hear the end of it." He sighed, putting a hand dramatically to his head. Phoenix giggled. 

"So, what did you have in mind?" Miles asked. "Oh, yeah! I was thinking maybe we could watch the new Marvel movie. It just went to Amazon. Does that sound good?" Miles stared at him. "I'm sorry, the new what movie?" Phoenix's eyes went wide. "Are you kidding?" Miles shook his head. "You don't know- You haven't- How do you not know what Marvel is?!?!" Phoenix grabbed Miles's shoulders and shook him. "I don't know." Miles laughed. "Enlighten me." 

Phoenix huffed. "Well, there's this whole story arc, and it's way too much to explain, so I'm just going to start you off with the first movie. I can't believe you don't know what Marvel is. Should be illegal, dang it... not knowing Marvel.. Captain America... Iron Man... iconic freaking..." Miles laughed again.

They sat down and Phoenix turned on the TV. Miles snapped. "Oh, I almost forgot. Hold on, be right back." He hopped up and grabbed the bag. "So I didn't know exactly what you have at movies, so I just got some popcorn and some of those little colorful chocolate circle candies, the M&Ms?" Phoenix looked over. "Ooh, I'll go make the popcorn." He grabbed the bag of kernels and went into the kitchen.

 "I already queued up the movie, so once this is done we can start it." Miles nodded and looked at the screen. Iron Man, huh? Seems.. Interesting, for sure. 

Phoenix came back with a bowl. "Okay, ready?" Miles smiled. "Sure."

These brands are going to hunt me down. 

M&MssponsormepleaseIalreadyputinagoodwordforyou

Also, sorry for the short chapter, had some stuff to do 😔