- 16 -

Flashback

In the tower, Hook was admiring his daughter's painting of the ocean that she was currently doing.

He smiled, "That painting is gorgeous, Alice. The calm before the storm," He said.

"I don't think I like it," Alice said as she glanced up at her father.

"How is that possible?" Hook looked at her, "It might be your best one yet, it's... I mean, it's beautiful," Hook said.

"It just makes me want to see the real ocean, I'm done painting for a while," Alice said and walked to the window, she touched the magical barrier that was sealing her inside.

"I'm sorry you're trapped in here, Starfish. I know it's not fair, but you know what? I might have something that'll make you smile," Alice turned to her father and sees him holding a case, "I was saving it for your birthday, but today is better," Hook said and handed her the case.

Alice opened it and looked inside before looking back up at him, "Is it sand?" Alice asked.

"Well, I figured if I couldn't take you to the sea, then I'd bring a piece of the sea to you," Hook said.

"Thank you, Papa. I love you," Alice said.

"I love you, too," Hook said and the two hugged until Hook clutched his throat in pain.

"Papa! What's wrong? Papa! Wha's happening to you?! Papa!" Alice said worriedly and scared.

Gothel appeared, "I am," She said and magically shoved him out the window.

Alice ran to the window, "No!" She yelled.

Suddenly, Alice woke up from her nightmare screaming. Hook walked over with a lantern and see it down, "Hey, don't worry. It was just a bad dream," He said.

"I saw the witch again, she's coming for me," Alice said, terrified.

"It was just a nightmare," Hook said.

"It's not! It's real! You have to believe me!" Alice said as he looked at her father.

Hook sat on the bed and pulled her into a hug, "You do see the world in a special way, Alice. If you say the dream means something, then I believe you," Hook said then he got him and grabbed his sword and coat.

"What are you doing?" Alice asked him.

Hook looked at her, "Making sure the dream doesn't come true. I'm getting you out of this tower, once and for all," Hook said.

"But how? You've tried everything," Alice said.

"Almost everything. Truth is there is one more thing I can try. It's a dark path that I always feared to take, but I don't have any other choice," Hook gave her the white knight chess piece, "Keep this close by, to remember me," Hook said.

"I'm scared, Papa. What if something happens to you?" Alice asked.

"What happens to me? Come on, I'll be fine and I swear I will return as soon as I can," Hook said.

"Then take this to remember me," Alice said as she gave him a rook chess piece.

"My little rook," He smiled at her, "You are the bravest girl I know. Look, soon all of this will be over and all the chess pieces will be together again," Hook said before giving her kiss on her head before leaving.

End of Flashback

At the station, Rogers was going over the photos of Sage and Hilda when Tilly came in, she placed a chess board on his desk.