"How to get out of the friendzone ..?"

Carlos POV :
I sat on my bed waiting for Mal to come and give me the poison . It was called The truth gummy . It made me tell the truth and confess my feelings to Jane .. So what would be better ?
I was gonna ask her out for cotillion ! She was just behaving me as a friend lately and that broke my heart to be honest ... She just smiled , Walking away as if she doesn't remember anything which is true .
FGM removed everytjing that happened between us two , So she won't go crazy remembering Charles' stuff .
Dude was laying beside me on my bed as I was searching How to get out of the friendzone ? .
"I see you're reading over my shoulder !" I said and chuckled as Dude was panting as his big brown eyes were fixed on my laptop screen as if he was experiencing the same problem ...
Suddenly door opened and I saw Mal coming into the room , Slamming the door behind as her eyes were glowing , Nervously and I could see how upset and panicked she was .
I widened my eyes , Saying :" Easy , Girl .."
"What ?!!" She squeaked angrily walking around the room , Yelling :" You think this is easy ?! You don't have people , Taking a photo of you everytime you open your mouth to say boo !"
I stayed silent so she can stop yelling ..
"It's not like I can even say boo but ..." She murmured and gulped .
"Carlos !" She said and I looked at her ; This new look , Suit her very well , Blonde hair with purple tips , green dress and a kinda heavy make up ... But it didn't seem like herself anymore . She looked like any princess out there , except Mal Bertha .
When they said Mal's gonna be Ben's queen , I thought of a royal purpleness . I thought of Mal , Wearing a purple long puffy dress with green highlights on it as her purple hair is fallen over her shoulders as well , As she is also wearing a silver crown with little violet and green diamonds .. But this look , Was kinda different and I didn't feel great about it .
I knew her from back in the Isle and I knew who and how she was and she wasn't her .
"Don't you ever miss screaming at people and making them runaway from you ?" Mal asked as her hokden bracelets in her hands were making tuny noises which made Dude wake up .
"You're thinking about my mom .. I feel like .." I murmured unsurely .
"And I was on the other side of it so no , Not really .." I continued . As my friends knew my mom was really abusive . She always yelled at me for litterally nothing ! She hurt me as if I'm not her son ... She even liked her stuffed dog on her coat's collar more than me .
Suddenly I remembered my posion and quickly stood up , Saying :" Hey !"
She quickly looked at me .
"Did you bring it ?!" I asked , Murmuring .
She sighed and said :" Uh yeah .." She picked a red gummy out of her pocket , Saying :" Here ..."
"So this thing will gonna make me tell my real feelings to Jane ?" I asked .
"Yeah , I mean it's a truth gummy so .." Mal explained and looked down , Sadly .
I stared at her green eyes for a moment .. They were teary , Exhausted , Sad and ... Not Mal .
I wanted to take the gummy when she pulled it back , Saying :" Look are you sure you want to take this ?! Because this will make you tell the truth always and anytime , Anywhere !" She sniffed and continued as I nodded yes , Saying :" Because If I had a chance to have this I would probaply go back to the Isle and not come back !"
I sighed hopelessy , Saying :" I'm sure .." I wanted that because I liked Jane and I'd turn into a chicken while talking to her so there was no chance I would say it or ask her out certainly !
She stared at the corner of the room without blinking , Doubtfully thinking about something ..
What had gone into her ?! What was wrong with her ?.. I mean she had the best boyfriend any AK would have liked to have ... All the AK girls were dreaming about being King Ben's queen while Mal was their idol and she seemed to hate and love this new position and situation . I mean being the Queen would be anyone's dream . Wouldn't it ?
"Mal .." I called her name so she'd listen .
"Huh ?" She said and looked at me as she was still distracted with her own thoughts ..
"My posion.." I said , Looking at the gummy . She reached out to me to give me the gummy but suddenly Dude ran and caught the gummy in the air with his mouth .
"Ah ! Bad dog !" Mal squeaked and stepped back as we were both confused, Looking at Dude who was making muscular weird sounds .
I thought this was so weird but everything got even worst , When he started talking and I froze ..
He was saying things that I couldn't understand .. It was english but I couldn't believe what was happening .
"You heard him . Scratch his butt !" Mal said as I couldn't still believe my eyes . I turned and looked at her who was also shocked and froze in the same position for a whole minute now . She walked through the door as I said :" Mal ! You just gonna leave me with it ?!"
She didn't respond and closed the door as I slowly turned and looked at the dog again .
Dude groaned and said :" Come on , You scratch your own all the time !"
I rolled my eyes and sighed . Wow .. How lucky I am ?..