Chapter 7:

No freaking way. It couldn't be. Not tonight.

I looked up and Ezra was standing on the opposite side of the table, pushing his hair back from his face. His eyes narrowed for a brief second as he looked at the guy who had cornered me. His eyes were still bloodshot and cloudy. He had to be spending all his nights partying. He looked like he hadn't slept in weeks.

The brown-haired guy released my dress and backed away, smiling.

"Oh shit, sorry, Ez. I had no idea." He apologized. "So, this is the infamous Riley. I'm Sean. Ezra's roommate. So, he finally got you to come home with him. I thought he was just making you up."

Sean reached out his hand towards me and I flinched away. Sean laughed hysterically at my reaction.

"It's ok. I won't bite you." He smirked. "Well, maybe I will if the big man over there says I can."

Ezra shrugged his shoulders at me. He looked like he couldn't care less if this jerk touched me. What the hell was going on? None of this felt right. Ezra seemed unaffected; something was not right with him. Old Ezra would not have let this guy anywhere near me.

Sean reached over to the bottle and grabbed another glass. He poured three more shots, pushing one to Ezra and then another one in front of me. 

"Drink up, kids.  It's a party."  He said, lifting his glass to his lips.

"I'm going to go find Brynn." I said, trying to push past the Sean guy. He moved closer to me, blocking me in again. I looked back towards Ezra and couldn't believe he hadn't moved to knock this guy out. He used to threaten people for just looking at me. Now he was just standing there smiling like an idiot.

"You have to finish that first."  Sean said, pointing to the glass in front of me.

I looked back at Ezra for a little help and he shrugged at me again. I scowled at him, which only caused him to raise his eyebrow, mocking me.

"You heard the man, drink up beautiful." Ezra reached down to the table and nudged the glass in my direction. He picked up his own and poured it into his mouth.

I crossed my arms over my chest, defiantly. Ezra was not going to tell me what to do.

"Open that pretty little mouth and swallow." Sean leaned in, whispering darkly in my ear. He placed his hand on the small of my back and I tried to push him away from me. I had to do anything I could to get out of this predicament.

I picked up the glass and poured it down my throat, looking at Ezra the whole time. I slammed it down, angrily on the table.

"Now, move." I said, pushing at Sean to get him out of my way. He stepped back to let me pass.

"Ez, you need to put a leash on this one. I've got one upstairs if you want it." Sean laughed as he poured himself another shot and threw it back.

"I've tried. She won't let me." Ezra said, pulling the corner of his mouth up with a wicked smile.

I rushed out of the corner and stormed past Ezra, careful not to make contact with him as I went by. His arms were too long and he was able to catch my wrist to spin me around.

"We need to talk." His tone was hard and aggressive.

"Ezra, I have nothing to say to you. I already told you." I snapped at him while trying to snatch my arm back. He clenched my wrist like he had done to me a million times before. I pulled and twisted, trying to break free from him.

"You will talk to me." His bloodshot eyes were burning with anger.

He yanked my arm to pull me closer to him.  I dug my nails into his hand and was able to finally pry his fingers off me. He reached back out for me and I jumped back, hitting the table. Some of the shot glasses wobbled and fell to the floor, shattering.