Chapter 8:

I managed to make it back to the apartment about twenty minutes later. I was relieved nothing happened to me because I didn't even remember the walk home. The last thing I remembered was that Sean trying to get me in the car with him and then nothing. I was impressed that I had I found my way back so easily in the dark. My drunken navigation skills were on point tonight.

I dove headfirst into my bed as soon as I fumbled through the apartment. I was exhausted emotionally after running into Ezra again. Everything hurt so bad when he was near me, but I wanted everything I had lost with him back too.

How was I supposed to move on when he was standing behind me everywhere I turned?

My medication for my nightmares was on the little table next to my bed and I began to grab it until I realized I wasn't supposed to mix it with alcohol. The nightmares would be back again tonight and I cursed at myself for trying to pretend like everything was normal. I was not normal anymore. I was completely screwed up.

Drunk, crazy, and kind of lonely—extremely lonely if I was being completely honest with myself.

I pulled out my phone and called the only person I wanted to talk to right now.

"Hey Ry," Aiden said in a cheerful voice.

"Aiden." His name slurred and lingered too long on my lips.

"Um, Riley. Are you drunk?" He asked, concerned.

"Just a little. Brynn took me to a party and left me." I said. I kicked off my shoes and rubbed my sore feet. Aiden was silent on the other end and I took that as my cue to keep going. "I was drinking with some guy who asked me to go upstairs with him."

"Wait. What?" Aiden said in a confused tone.

"Yeah, he gave me vodka and said I needed to be put on a leash." 

"Riley, please say you didn't go upstairs with that guy."

"No silly, Ezra took me to his room instead." I hiccupped and laughed.

"Ezra was there?" Aiden asked furiously.

"He was, but he left me after he tried to take off my dress."  I rambled.

"What the hell happened tonight? Are you ok?" Aiden was almost yelling at me through the phone.

"Don't you worry, Aiden."  I laughed back at him. "I didn't sleep with him and his roommate when they wanted me to.  I told them both no, I would absolutely not do it."

"Both of them, like at the same time?"

"No, I'm not Brynn."  I laughed.  "I would have made them take turns."

"Oh my god, Riley," Aiden said, horrified.

I stood up in front of my mirror and started to take my dress off.  I removed the phone from my ear and lifted the dress up. The zipper got caught in my hair as I struggled to pull it over my head.  When I finally pulled it off, I stuck the phone back to my ear.

"Riley, Riley? Are you still there?"  Aiden called through the phone.

"Sorry, I was just taking my clothes off." I laughed back at him.

"Ok, so you didn't sleep with anyone, but now you have no clothes on while you are drunk dialing me." I heard Aiden's breathing start to change.

"No, silly, I am still wearing the stockings that are attached to my garter. I also have on panties and a bra." I rolled my eyes at him.

"You are in your underwear talking to me on the phone."  Aiden corrected.

"Well, yes, but only because I need some help." I was slurring badly.