Chapter 10 - Layla's Death

Previously (recap):

Lucy has found out that she has a twin sister Lilith and that Krysta and Lycan are their cousins. Zeref Showed Lucy her old memories and the tragedy that happened to her and Lilith when they were 5. Aconologia is their true father and he had hurt both Layla and Lilith physically during an outrage he had their birthday party when he had turned into a dragon and destroyed everything. Thankfully Zeref, Mavis, Conri, Shiro, Glynda, Zach and Zeocitus had defeated him and banished him away then cleaned up and rebuilt the broken house. They told the rest that Acnologia is now gone so they all went back but it took a while for everyone to heal, a few days later is was just Layla and Lilith. When Layla woke up Lucy was so happy she started to cry, but when she asked about Lilith, Layla lied to her and said that she was fine but needed more time to recover. Layla and all the adults talked and decided to put Lilith in a lacrama like Mavis was and that it was best to wait till Lucy was of an appropriate age to tell her the truth about Lilith and until then Mavis had made an illusion of Lilith to keep her company. However it didn't go according to plan as one night Mavis, Zeref, Conri and Reika were drunk and the spell was weakened showng Lucy the truth. After that Lucy had a temper tantrum and destroyed everything until she had passed out, after that Layla knew that it wasn't safe for Lucy to know about Lilith or anything that might remind her so she got Zeref to put a magical spell to hide all of her memories and most of her magic, only leaving her with celestial magic and celestial related magic (the magic that Hibiki helped her unlock).
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Mama!" Lucy screamed running to Layla in the Heartfilia Mansion.

"Morning Lucy." Layla said as she caught Lucy in her arms.

"Papa!" Lucy screamed as she saw Jude and Layla passed her to him.

"Good morning sunshine." He said holding her in his arms.

"What are we gonna do today?" Lucy asked curiously.

"I don't know sweetie, what do you want to do today?" Layla asked her daughter.

"Can you teach me magic! Can you teach me to summon spirits like you!" Lucy asked a her eyes lit up with stars in them.

"Ok sweetie, but it's a hard job to be a wizard." Layla hesitated for a little but then answered.

"Papa are you gonna watch too?" Lucy basically pleased him with the puppy eyes.

"Sure, but first I need to deal with some paperwork, ok." Jude said putting Lucy down.

"Ok papa." Lucy said cheerfully walking to Layla as hey went opposite ways.

~time skip to Layla teaching Lucy to summon~

"Ok Lucy, now you want to dig deep and concentrate on that power," Layla started. Lucy closed her eyes and took a deep breath holding Lyra's key. "Ok, now open your eyes and say 'Open, Gate of the Lyre, Lyra."

"Ok." Lucy took another breath before opening her eyes and saying, "Open Gate of the Lyre! Lyra!" The key started to shine and a lady with a harp and small wings appeared.

"Hello." Lyra said while Lucy just stared in amazement.

"Lucy, now you want to ask if you can make a contract. Ask her on which days she is available." Layla explained.

"Um.. Would you like to make a contract?" Lucy stuttered as she was nervous and shy.

"Oh aren't you just adorable." Lyra squealed.

"Uh.." Lucy stammered.

"Oh right, yes I would like to make a contract with you. So what' your name?" Lyra asked.

"I'm Lucy." Lucy said with a shy smile.

"Cool, I'm Lyra. It's nice to meet you Lucy." Lyra greeted

"It's nice to meet you too." Lucy shyly replied.

"Eh-hem" Layla interrupted.

"Oh yea. Lyra what days are you available?" Lucy asked a was just reminded.

"Well on Mondays to Wednesdays I'm free at night, Thursdays I'm not available and Friday to Sunday I'm free all day." Lyra told Lucy.

"Ok." Lucy said smiling.

~Time skip to night~

Lucy is in her room lying on her bed getting ready to sleep with Lyra sitting on a chair playing her harp and singing a lullaby. Layla is in the kitchen on the phone.

"What!?" Layla whispered screamed.

"We found a possible way to help her." the person on the other side said.

"What do you mean a possible way Shiro?" Layla asked.

"It's a risky possible solution." another voice said.

"What do you mean risky Reika?" Layla asked again with worry.

"Well, it's hard to explain." Eclair said.

"Just tell me." Layla said.

"To save Lilith we'd have to pump magical energy into her." Glynda said.

"You know what that means right?" Rachel asked.

"It means that if I do it, I have to give her my magic. And I might never be able to use magic again." Layla said.

"You could die!!!" Reika yelled.

"I know, but I have to save Lilith." Layla exclaimed. "When do we do it?"

"Next week. We'll have everything ready by then hopefully." Conri replied.

"Ok, I'll see you guys then" Layla said. That night Layla wasn't able to sleep and instead thought about Lucy and Lilith and what might happen if it doesn't work.

~time skip/next week~

Layla told Jude and early in the morning before Lucy woke up and went through a portal.

"So what's the plan" Layla asked.

"We need to take Lilith out of the lacrama before anything." Zeref stated.

"But wouldn't that be bad?" Reika asked.

"If it goes wrong." Mavis said bluntly with all seriousness.

"Layla we're gonna need you to stand here." Glynda said as Layla followed and did as she said. "We're going to have to have you unconscious for this ok?"

"Ok"Layla hesitantly said.

"You ready?" Once they were all ready Mavis asked Layla. Layla simply just nodded and with that they knocked her unconscious and started the transfer.

~time skip/after transfer~

Layla's eyes slowly opened.

"How are you feeling?" Mavis asked.

"I'm alr- "Layla started only to be cut off with her coughing.

"Zeref!! Come here now!!" Mavis yelled and Zeref runs to them to see that Layla is sick.

"It didn't work." he muttered. "Shiro, Rachel! Get here now!" Zeref yelled out.

"Omg Layla!" Rachel said in shock.

"She needs help." Shiro stated the him and Rachel used some healing magic to help her.

"Is she going to make it?" Rachel asked with worry.

"I don't know." Mavis said. That day they tried everything that they could, the one thing that Layla had asked for is to not tell Lucy about this, not any time soon at least. With that, they had called Jude and told him that Layla has gotten very sick and that she may not make it then sent her back to the Heartfilia mansion to spend the last of her life with Lucy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N
Ok that is it, that was the last part of the flash back. And this had left Lucy crying in her hands while Zeref, Mavis, Krysta and Lycan tried to calm her down and comfort her.

Hope you guy liked it and get ready for the next chapter. It's going to be interesting.