( 𝟎𝟐𝟐 ) strange emotions

'shape shifted'

      ⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

THE POLICE HAD FOUND Lydia, and the second her sister arrived back home, Lexi hadn't let go of her for hours, afraid to let go in case she disappeared again - the girl didn't remember a thing from her few days out in the woods, naked, but all that mattered, was that she was safe and back home. Lydia shrugged her sister off, claiming that she was fine, and Lexi expected just as much, the girl being incredibly closed off even with those closest around her; Lydia didn't know anything about the dance night, and Lexi intended to keep it that way, she didn't need to know, and if she did, it would just cause unnecessary stress, that's the last thing Lexi wanted for Lydia, especially after what she had been through.
Not only that, but the twins hadn't had any effect with their bites - they were now healed, Lexi healing faster than her sister, but neither of them felt any different. Well, Lexi felt strange, and she had a nose bleed last night, but she gathered that was just an effect from no sleep and stressing all night over her sister. That could be the only explanation, she couldn't be shifting, she just couldn't.

Lexi was fine knowing about Scott, but she didn't want to be like him, that was the last thing she wanted - she wanted to be normal, like Stiles, but look at her now, the girl was bleeding a strange black goo, and she was having headaches from hell. Not even a good nights sleep helped her get over her pain, the girl woke up with the same stabbing pain in her head, and almost every part of her body, her muscles aching all over. Lexi didn't want to get out of bed, and if it wasn't for Lydia coming in and practically dragging her out of the bed, then she would have stayed there all day. 'I should be the one depressed, I was lost in the woods. Get up', Lydia would tell her, and she was right, Lexi had no reason to be acting like this, and she didn't know why she was.
Either way, she had gotten out of bed and gotten ready for school, not even bothering to wear her signature red lipstick, not having the energy. For some strange reason, she felt like she had other people's emotions building up inside of her, she would be happy one moment, to sad in another and then scared, or angry, and it was all overwhelming, the girl didn't know what to do with them. Lydia ignored the fact something was wrong with her sister, telling her to put up a wall so no one will see how broken the two of them actually were, and before they knew it, they had arrived at the school, the girl hiding how she really felt to keep Lydia happy.

"You really don't remember anything?" Allison asked Lydia, as the three girls walked up the steps to the main entrance. Lexi looked different compared to the two girls, she had opted to wear trousers today instead of a skirt or a dress, and a plain black t-shirt which left her shoulders exposed - she normally wore prettier outfits, but today, she just didn't have the energy.

"They called it a fugue state, which is basically a way of saying, 'we have no idea why you can't remember running through the woods naked for two days', but personally, I don't care. I lost nine pounds." Lydia explained to Allison as Lexi silently followed behind the two of them, glancing around uneasily as she felt overwhelmed yet again, and she hated it. When Lydia looked back at her twin, she quickly planted a fake smile on her face, smirking up at Lydia to indicate that she was fine, and that she could cover up her emotions.